Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting Show Tonight. How will the Fm transmitter work?

jcharles*14

Hi. I have a CZH 05B FM transmitter.  Tonights going to be the first night I am starting the musical show with 8 songs.

What I'd like to know is that When the show starts, Will the music begin playing from my computer?

If so, then when the fm transmitter is plugged it  should being broadcasting.

Thanks

I'm using the same transmitter connected to the headphone jack on my computer and it plays the show music through the transmitter as soon as the show starts. During the day when the show is running it just broadcasts empty air.

Yes, Its playing right when the show started . I was just hoping it would.  Thanks. I didn't want anything to be out of sync.

It's always a good idea to do a test run before the real thing, just so you kind of know what to expect ;) 

When doing a test run, turn on your car radio and drive by your house in both directions to make sure your radio clearly picks up your transmitter signal. If you have dead spots, you might have to relocate your transmitter to eliminate those spots. I ran into this problem myself.

What I do is set my FM transmitter on a timer.  About 10-30 minutes before my show, the FM transmitter starts up and broadcasts nothing.  When LOR starts the shows, the audio is then broadcasted.  Again about 10-30 minutes after the show ends, my timer turns off the transmitter.  That way I'm not broadcasting dead air all of the time.

CZH 05B FM Transmitter is very cheap fm transmitter with good qianlity,  can get it at price  $5* in ebay

I do not know what you are looking at for $5 all I see are $50+

Mike

I do not know what you are looking at for $5 all I see are $50+

Mike

I believe he said "$5*" with the '*" representing an arbitrary ones digit.  I thought the same as you did at first.