Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color Pixel

Bustluvr

I have 3 CTB16pc controllers daisy chained. can I hook my CCP controllers in the daisy chain or do they run on a separate network cable and adapter? When I open the utility in LOR i can only get the 3 controllers to show up none of the CCP show up. I ID the both CCP controller also. My privious post I had the incorrect name of the lights I dont have CCB I have CCP

Yes they can be in the same network. However I would suggest plugging only one CCP into your USB dongle and seeing if you can see it with the hardware utility. Then set the ID for that set and then repeat for the other 2 sets. My guess is that all three CCP sets have the same ID as one of your existing controllers. Change each CCP set to a unique ID and I'll bet you solve your problem.

A CCP is just a bunch of channels.  Nothing really special.  They do need (or at least should) be groups as RGB r else you will be pulling you hair out.  I've got to run or I would give a linger answer

that worked thanks Jim . now how do i get the CCP controllers in to my sequence ?

on the Light O Rama website, under RGB, SuperStar, there are some great 'How To"  videos. I've been using them myself

how do i test my CCP using the utility in the LOR software? all i get is a few lights on.

If you want to turn on/off channels past the ones shown in the default HWU screen, you will need to use the 'Console' button. 

when you have time Jim please enlighten me. Im like a sponge........... Thank you

OK, took a few days to have time, but here goes.  There are videos on the LOR website that will help as well.  I'm creating a CCP in the Sequence Editor.  For this example I am going to walk through the steps to create a two string CCP.

Start Sequence Editor.

Create new sequence (I am doing an animation sequence for this, but a musical is similar for this discussion).

I set one channel for this demo.

This should give a sequence that has one channel.  Came out as Unit 01.1 on mine.

Right click on the one channel, and select "Insert Device", then "Insert Device Below".

This should bring up an Add Device dialog box.  Name it whatever you want - I used CCP #1.

For Device, select "Cosmic Color Ribbon (or Bulb)".

Check box for "Add as a group".

For Cosmic Color Ribbon/Bub Settings, set unit ID and network - I used ID 11 and Network Aux A

For Type select "CCB with 2 strings".

Click on "Show Advanced Options >>>"

You MAY need to change some of the options here.  For example, if I were to use the two strings for 2 arches with the controller in the middle, I would set String 1 Orientation to flipped.  If you have your CCP set for dual normal, you would set the Unit for CCB String 2 to "String 2 has own Unit ID"

After clicking OK, you will have your CCPs built.

that's great info Jim but how do i run a test with the utility software????? i still cant get nothing to light up but a few bulbs

I think I can answer that.

IN the LOR "Hardware Utility" from the control panel, click the Console button lower left, (opens a new window, with a bunch of sliders) NOW, in the bottom right of that window (channel mode area), click the "Extended Circuit ID's" button, this will place the console into the massive channel to controller mode, NOW, the bottom middle slider,"Select Channel Group" move the slider to the right a bit, it's now 01/17-32, 01/33-48, and so on, (Example, controller 01,channel 137)

That should do what you want (I think).

Merry Christmas

Greg

OK i FINALLY figured out what i was doing wrong with getting my CCB to work in Hardware utility. but now i can only get one string to light up. What am I NOT doing................