Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller won't power up

kevinandamy

Just finished our tree. We tested the bow before and it worked. We had a cold snap down here so we only got two of the three controllers going before it hit. So now about two weeks later we are back at it but the third box won't turn on. I tested the outlet, moved it to different outlet and nothing. All I could find was to change the fuse. I have no idea where to even start. Thanks!!

When you say it won't start up do you mean dead, dead..... No flashing or steady LED inside? If so then it is either the fuses (there are two of them) or the outlet.

Also check the power cord spade connections on the circuit board.  I had a neutral lug come loose and my controller would not power up either.  Just moved that neutral {white wire} to another of the open neutrals on the board and it worked for the season.   Then after the season I repaired the loose lug on the board by resoldering it {and a few others I found were getting loose}/

So check all the power lugs, hot {black} and neutral {white} wires going to them and see if any may have come loose from their connections or that possibly one of the lugs on the board has come loose and not making a good connection.  just so you know, the ground wires would not affect any of the power going to the controller.