Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on recording shows

belzabar

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to figure out how I can record my shows and have the music playing as clear as day. I try to record but I get back ground noise, cars driving by, people talking, etc...

Is there a way to record the show with no sound and add the music after the fact? If so how does one do this?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

I recorded mine with a radio playing the music while I was filming. The music was only so I could line up the music afterwards when editing.

To edit the clean audio tracks together with the video I used Windows Movie Maker. It allows you to add a second audio track on top of the video audio and mute the video audio. That's how most people on here get the clean sound in their videos. 

• Like 1

Some people plug the line out from their radio (or whatever) into the line in of the camera.  If your camera has that, of course.

I use AVS4you (   www.avs4you.com  ) .  cheap and very easy to learn.  One trick I use is to insert a very High tone (or you could use a very very low tone_) at the very beginning of the audio with Audiocity.  The tone is so high (or so low) that the speakers can not reproduce it, but shows in the sequence editor wave form. I key a couple of key lights to respond to the tone  during seqencing.  After video is taken I use AVS4you to overlay the original audio file used for sequencing (remove the recored audio) and line up the key light(s) to the inserted tone as seen in the wave form in AVS4you.  This makes the new audio EXACTLY the same as the one in the sequence.  Works for me and is very fast and neat.
Same idea would work in any other audio dub software that has a wave form.  No my idea but one I got from one of the boards a few years ago