Light-O-Rama Forums

different colored arches?

bhunt240

Hey guys I was just wondering what all colors youv use or seen used on the leaping arches ill be adding 4- 10' 7 channel arches for next year and after me and the wife watched some of the downs family Christmas display they used blue C6s and she wanted something other than pure white so we went with purple shes been dying to add some purple props to our display for next year so I figured why not!

:) whatever keeps her happy right?! Lol

Hopefully I dont regret my decision and they will look pretty cool

• 4 weeks later...

I did multi color this year. 200 lights each section, 5 section arches and they looked kind of pinkish. It wasn't bad I just didn't expect the punk hue. Next year I'm using these arches as fire sticks and making new clear arches.

I use CCRs and have used Red Blue Green (White) Yellow, orange and purple (all these are 100% of at least one colour)

As above. Pixels are your best bet for an infinite number of colors and flexibility. However it does introduce a layer of complexity that you need to prepare for. That said, one look at Ron's display would convince anyone to use pixels for everything.

one look at Ron's display would convince anyone to use pixels for everything.

Well almost anyone.

While Ron's display is really nice, I prefer the christmas light look of many many bulbs sticking out giving a fuller look and brightness. Not crisp lines of light.

Again, not knocking Ron's method or the pixels. Just not my cup of tea.

Hey guys I was just wondering what all colors youv use or seen used on the leaping arches ill be adding 4- 10' 7 channel arches for next year and after me and the wife watched some of the downs family Christmas display they used blue C6s and she wanted something other than pure white so we went with purple shes been dying to add some purple props to our display for next year so I figured why not!

:) whatever keeps her happy right?! Lol

Hopefully I dont regret my decision and they will look pretty cool

I think the purple will look really cool. I like the purple color of LEDs.

Here's my two cents worth ...

2013 was out first year for leaping arches.

I used 2 5-Meter 2811 pixel strips to create 4 arches.

Instead of ty-wrapping them to the PVC, I used PEX tubing and slid the strips inside.

Really gave an unexpected and bright glow without losing definition (and with out the small "dots" of light")

I have a post in the video section of our website for 2013 if you want to see what they look like.

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com

I just started editing all the video I shot .. so this is the first one..

Bob

Well almost anyone.

While Ron's display is really nice, I prefer the christmas light look of many many bulbs sticking out giving a fuller look and brightness. Not crisp lines of light.

Again, not knocking Ron's method or the pixels. Just not my cup of tea.

Agreed, pixels aren't for everyone. I'm totally the opposite, I like the crisp lines of the pixels as opposed to the LEDs sticking out every which way. I guess you could call me OCD.

As far as the OP, I used 1 set of CC pixels for the 4 arches, 25 sections (pixels) on each. A blue million colors, all for about the price of one 16 channel controller and a few pieces of PEX tubing from Home Depot. Just another option.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on the display folks. It's really appreciated.

oh and Moody, great display

After the purple c6s came in we love them I wrapped a short section of pipe and it looked great! We're excited for next year with more than tripling our led count and going from 36ch to 128ch :)

Thanks for all the comments guys

Blake

After the purple c6s came in we love them I wrapped a short section of pipe and it looked great! We're excited for next year with more than tripling our led count and going from 36ch to 128ch :)

Thanks for all the comments guys

Blake

Makes you want to build them arches and put them out right now? :)

Why not make a heart out of them from PVC for Valentines day and surprise your wife. :D

...and here I thought I was going to be different...UPS delivered my case of purple M6's yesterday. I plan on using them on 2 leaping arches.

Great minds think alike I guess... :D

-Paul

Why limit yourself to any color?  I have been using various sizes of arches for several years.  Earliest ventures utilized CCR's and included one 32 ft. arch which took two full CCR ribbons.  This year I bought some 2811 ribbons, a E6804 controller and went 1.31 with some smaller arches.  These accent the display and work well with C-6 and C-9.  I prefer my mega tree with C-6 as opposed to  a flat ribbon tree or a pixel node tree, but that's just me.  Do what you want and stay flexible to change it when you want to.  You can see a multitude of colors in the attached video from all the arches.  The six small arches with controller, power supply ran about $300 and I still have two more outputs available on the controller.

https://vimeo.com/83412538

Why limit yourself to any color?  I have been using various sizes of arches for several years.  Earliest ventures utilized CCR's and included one 32 ft. arch which took two full CCR ribbons.  This year I bought some 2811 ribbons, a E6804 controller and went 1.31 with some smaller arches.  These accent the display and work well with C-6 and C-9.  I prefer my mega tree with C-6 as opposed to  a flat ribbon tree or a pixel node tree, but that's just me.  Do what you want and stay flexible to change it when you want to.  You can see a multitude of colors in the attached video from all the arches.  The six small arches with controller, power supply ran about $300 and I still have two more outputs available on the controller.

https://vimeo.com/83412538

JD's display was nice as usual... we liked the rgp pole toppers and the new arches.. the mini trees off of the ground were nice too.

• The topic was locked