Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you string a CCR

elwoodz

Hi.

Found out about LOR while looking for info about Flex-tech and it completly inspired me. I'm starting to plan for next year and have a question that I could not find in a search. Looking at the CCR setup I'm wondering if you could hook these end to end similar to a regular light string. If that is not the case how do you have multiple sets hooked to a controller?

For example the ribbons are 16 feet but I want to run it on my roof line that is more than 16 feet. Do I get what I need and have 2 power supplies and controllers on the roof and run seperate Cat5 to the network?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

There is a "Strips" setting that defines the number of end-to-end connected ribbons. But data bandwidth restrictions reduce the number of possible intensities. That's a bad thing because you can already start to see the steps on very slow fades. And I believe you still need to inject power at each ribbon.

Here's the CCR manual:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf

Also you mentioned power supplies and controllers on the roof. Keep in mind that those components are not water proof on their own.  Only the ribbon is water proof. I place mine under the soffit to protect them from the weather. A lot of people use wiring enclosures or modified Tupperware containers.

I would highly recommend the CCP's or CCB's as an option.   CCRs are fragile.   With the 6 inch spacing, CCP's will also cover 50 ft for about the same cost. 

Do your home work and spend some time reading about the RGB products out there.

Steve 

I have 2 CCP's lining the roof. I secured the pixel with a zip tie to orient them sideways.

The Metal Flashing is white on my house and the lights do put out a good deal of light. (reflecting on the white)

Pixel.jpg