Light-O-Rama Forums

Texting with 3 CCP's/6 50 pixel strings and a 4 CCR license

Steven H

SE V 3.10.6 Advanced, SS 4 CCR V 3.10.0.6, 3 CCPs with ID's of 15,16, and 17 .  In SS, 3 CCPs and half ribbons, works.  Until Exported to SE.  Been trying to get this to work as a scrolling text between songs/sequences with out luck.  Can it be assumed that in order for this work work, each of the six 1/2 strings needs its own ID?  If so, then SS needed to be upgraded from a 4 CCR to an 8 CCR?

In SuperStar there are 2 modes, CCR mode and Visualization mode. If you have an imported visualization you are in Visualization mode, otherwise you are in CCR mode.

Are you in CCR mode or Visualization mode?

The six 1/2 strings do not need their own unit ID. If it is a horizontal display SuperStar does assume that the first string starts at the bottom, then folds at the half way point and goes the other direction to form the row that is second from the bottom. The remaining strings do the same thing as you go towards the top.

In the layout dialog box you can choose your location of controllers to be on the left or the right.

If it is a vertical display SuperStar does assume that the first string starts at the left, then folds at the half way point and goes the other direction to form the row that is second from the bottom. The remaining strings do the same thing as you go towards the top.

In the layout dialog box you can choose your location of controllers to be on the top or the bottom.

Do you have a horizontal or vertical display?

You say it does not work when exported. Are you saying it does not play to your actual display properly? Or are you saying it doesn't look right to you in the Sequence Editor.

Horizontal 15-1 at the top and 17-2 at the bottom.  Changed 15-1 at the bottom and 17-2 at the top.  Same thing.  6-6x5 thin - system or 6-6x6 thin - system

SS plays just fine the scrolling text on the computer, not on the actual CCPs. 

Tried an Instance SS Instant Sequence, all six imported and played fine through SE. 

Layout seems to be wrong somewhere and not finding it.......................yet! 

Text only, 15-2 and 17-2 do not actually light on the CCPs through SE.  15-1, 16-1, 16-2, and 17-1 light, but, start on the both ends and go toward the middle.  Text is set to be white, but is more of an off white changing to off white then to somewhat of a rainbow colors.

If set Layout out to horizontal, 6 CCR's, full, then there is a full 50 x 6 lines of pixels which are needed, but can not export as having a 4 CCR license.  If setting Layout to horizonal 3 CCR's, half, there is only 25 x 6 lines of pixels, but can export as an .LAS file (attached - only 50  will play out of 100 pixels). 

Is it safe to assume there is a layout setting wrong? 

Does Visualization mode need  be done first?  Tried the Instant Visualization mode and it does the a full 50, but only 3 lines. 

Please explain what "15-1 at the top and 17-2 at the bottom" means. I do not know what it means when you mention the pairs of numbers separated by dashes.

It might help to view the diagrams in the help file that shows the expect layout of the ribbons if using half ribbons. Do the following:

1) launch SuperStar

2) Click on the Help menu and select Contents

3) Click on the + sign in front of "SuperStar Sequencer" to expand it

4) Click on the + sign in front of "Customer Sequences" to expand it

5) Click on "The Layout Dialog Box"

Scroll down and there are some diagrams showing the expected layout for horizontal and vertical ribbons when using half ribbons. Is this how you have your laid out?

Each CCP has two 50 strings per controller.  15-1 equals the output from that controller on the top left side.  17-2 equals the output from that controller on the top right side. Bottom to top:  15-1, 15-2, 16-1, 16-2, 17-1, 17-2 at 50 pixels each, 300 total.

Physically, no.  Right hand side controller. 

My CCPs are 15 on the bottom and 17 on top for the full physical layout 6 lines of 50 pixels.  Maybe need to change the physical layout to 6 rows of 25 using half length physical layout using one CCP string per controller.  That would explain why the marquee starts at both ends and stops in the middle using half length while the physical layout now is 50 pixels.  Or, if leaving the physical layout of 50 pixels in length for three controllers at two strings each, then I would need more than the 4 CCR license I have now.   Correct?  If so, then it is starting to make sense to me.

Thank you for your time and patience!

Using CCR mode, you can set full length CCRs or half length CCRs.

In visualization mode you can do any layout you want, but you need to make a visualization of it in the Visualizer.

Here is where the problem lies.  Before trying to do text with SS, I could use Instant Sequence, load audio, Sequence All, and Export to SE.  In SE's existing sequence,  Add Device with 2 CCB strings with a resolution of 50 pixel per sting, copy and paste.  Did this for all controllers for BOTH 50 pixel strings from the same IS and SS export.  Once the texting trials started, could only do either a single 50 pixel full or half, as Brian's diagram showed me.  Have tried several settings trying to get back to IS both strings, s1 and s2 as seen in SE after Adding Device with 2 strings.  Which setting is needed to IS s1 and s2?  Maybe, when upgrading S3 a few months ago, this was no longer an option?

When I was exporting from SS IS and pasting into SE, previous to the text trials, all would work.  So, mistakely assuming that it could be done with three contollers and using all six 50 pixel strings for texting also.  In my case, 15-s1/15-s2, 16-s1/16-s2, and 17-s1/17s2, 300 total pixels.

Now, again thanks to Brian's diragram and help, got the 25 pixels strings (three of the 50 pixel strings vinyl J-channel cut in half) up and running.   Looking good from about fifty foot distance which is what was wanted.  These 150 pixels are used for both text and color changing at separate times.

Question, what can be done with the three remaining pixel strings?  Hate to see them un-used.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I want to make sure you understand that even if you set "Half" strings in the Layout dialog box, when the sequence is exported, it exports full strings. That is, if you have 3 strings, and specify half strings, you will get 6 rows of half strings on the superstar screen. But when you export the sequence you will see 3 strings in the exported sequence. And when you do copy/paste you copy/paste the 3 strings same as always.

It also sounds like you are having trouble getting the Layout back to how you had it when you were doing Instant Sequence. There are no options in CCR mode that have been eliminated so you should be able to get things back how they were.  I'm not sure how you had it set, but the settings you can try changing are in the Layout dialog box. Do the following:

1) click on the Tools menu and select Layout

2) "Nbr of CCRs" - Try different numbers of ribbons

3) "Ribbon Orientation" - Try Vertical or Horizontal

4) "Ribbon Shape" - I expect you have been using "Straight", no need to change it to anything else

5) "Ribbon Length" - Try Full or Half

6) "Location of Controllers" -  Set according to where your controllers are. This setting does not affect how things look on the SuperStar screen.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I want to make sure you understand that even if you set "Half" strings in the Layout dialog box, when the sequence is exported, it exports full strings. That is, if you have 3 strings, and specify half strings, you will get 6 rows of half strings on the superstar screen. But when you export the sequence you will see 3 strings in the exported sequence. And when you do copy/paste you copy/paste the 3 strings same as always.

It also sounds like you are having trouble getting the Layout back to how you had it when you were doing Instant Sequence. There are no options in CCR mode that have been eliminated so you should be able to get things back how they were.  I'm not sure how you had it set, but the settings you can try changing are in the Layout dialog box. Do the following:

1) click on the Tools menu and select Layout

2) "Nbr of CCRs" - Try different numbers of ribbons

3) "Ribbon Orientation" - Try Vertical or Horizontal

4) "Ribbon Shape" - I expect you have been using "Straight", no need to change it to anything else

5) "Ribbon Length" - Try Full or Half

6) "Location of Controllers" -  Set according to where your controllers are. This setting does not affect how things look on the SuperStar screen.

Is their a bug in the help menu that don't allow diagrams to show up?

post-6614-0-43868900-1387561948_thumb.jp

Diagrams show up on my computer. What diagram are you not able to see?

I attached a pic to my post. sorry it small.

Hiram, is this what you are asking about?

From Brian's post earlier and is found in Super Star.

1) launch SuperStar

2) Click on the Help menu and select Contents

3) Click on the + sign in front of "SuperStar Sequencer" to expand it

4) Click on the + sign in front of "Customer Sequences" to expand it

5) Click on "The Layout Dialog Box"

Scroll down and there are some diagrams showing the expected layout for horizontal and vertical ribbons when using half ribbons. Is this how you have your laid out?

My mistake in assuming that a 'full' was for two 50 pixel strings for a 100 total from one controller as ordered and gotten from LOR.

For SS texting as seen in the following pix below.  Using 'half', three CCR controllers, horizontal, controllers on the right end.

Got three controllers with 3 - 6 lines of 25 pixels running text.  And am very excited!  Thank you!

Will see what I can do with SS for adding the second set of 3 - 6 lines of 25 pixels running using just SS, no text.  Wonder if it can be done?

post-6691-0-56622500-1387580005_thumb.jp

post-6691-0-88481900-1387580175_thumb.jp

post-6691-0-79737500-1387580356_thumb.jp