Light-O-Rama Forums

This is why

paralegalnc

last night two little children came to my door dressed in Christmas pjs.  The family (a dad and 4 kids) has a tradition where they go out and look at lights.  When they find one they really like they give them a reward.  They gave me a little paper trophy.  I was moved to tears.  I didn't even get their names.  I wish they had written it on it.  This is the most precious thing.  I am going to frame it.  I was speechless...and well, that doesn't happen often.

So despite all the problems we have had this year... and we've had a bunch.... the frustration, the work... the little paper trophy is worth more than anything and makes it worth it.  This year's show was very special to me and it's really nice to know that others like it.

• Like 6

I was going to post a pic but it said it was too big and I am too tired to deal with it today...I'll try tomorrow

That's what makes all the work worthwhile. My neighbours daughter loves my display, and its for the look on her face and other kids in the neighbourhood that I put all the work in.

Great story...thanks for sharing. Thats what makes us do the things we do. I had a neighbor that I didnt even know, last spring knocked on my door to tell me thank you for your lights.

Those kinda things make it even more special. I surely dont do it for the recognition but it makes you feel good when someone tells you that.

Congrats, Paralegal.  My biggest compliment came from my 16 year old daughter. She told me that when she gets married, she wants Christmas lights in the wedding.  HA HA - go figure.