Light-O-Rama Forums

Mac User

elliottohara

So, I know that LOR software won't run on mac. I'm wondering if there's anyone here who uses LOR hardware, but uses mac friendly software to program their sequences. If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

I do have a windows box that I can run the shows with, I'd just rather spend my time sequencing on my mac.

Oh yeah, I'm a newbie :)

Thanks Ken,
I guess a VM is one answer, although I was kinda hoping that I could actually avoid windows all together except for running the show. I mean, it looks like they're just exporting xml files.

Since LOR controllers can be run on DMX you would simply need a sequencer running on MAC (http://www.dmxis.com for example). However you have to keep in mind that a lot of the magic we all do is built on the combination of LOR software and hardware along with the outstanding customer service of LOR.

I use Parallels on my Macbook Air with old Windows XP.  Works fine.  Use a a cheap Windows 7 netbook to actually run the show.  I hope that sometime in the future LOR will consider an iPad and/or Mac version.  Never thought about using a Mac DMX sequencer...what a good idea!

Don in Chicagoland