Light-O-Rama Forums

Inst seq works for first 10 sec of song then only lights the first few ccr

dan martens

In visitation mode I have five green line there seems to be no order(like 1 on top and 5 bottom) the lines run horzonatal top line is my mega tree the 2nd done is my roof line (which includes 1 cir of icicles 1circuit of multi color string c9 and 4 ccr in a row horizontally )

When I'm inst sequenceing I get a few seconds where the first ccr lights up to the effect then it only seq the first couple of pixels the rest of the song the full strings for I iceicle and multicolor c9 work fine

The next green line down is two ccr ribbons as two full arches its doing the same thing

I'm runni se 24 ccr 3:10:14

I will try to post a video

I hope this makes sense

What am I doing wrong and is there a way to inst seq through all 4 ccr

Thanks

I would be curious to see your visualization. Please email it to brian@superstarlights.com

Instant Sequence looks at the frequencies in the song and triggers effects on the sequencing rows depending on when frequencies in the song are strong. The low notes trigger the first sequencing row, and the high notes trigger the last sequencing rows. So if a song has all low notes, there could be sequencing rows that never get triggered.

In the Instant Sequence dialog box there is a "Timing Map" button. Click on the "Timing Map" button and you will see which frequencies are assigned to each sequencing row. You can change it if you want.

There are also several videos on Instant Sequence. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials", the SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom.

I'll send in a min I've change all to beat and tried all on timing grid page

I'll send a video also that shows what's going on I can't get the video to load here

It seems to work ok when I use morph full

• 1 month later...

I have used the instant sequence before on my pixel tree and works great. After watch the tutorials on instant sequencing, I tried to do my whole 2014 Christmas layout. I import my visualization and do an instant sequence and all that plays are my pixel tree and my RGB floods. I have tried an number of times to get it to work but it does the same-thing each time. I can check a box in the grid and the visualization of my star will light up, but no sequencing. And my imported visualiztion always imports to the left of the grid and is so small it's hard to see. I can't get the visualization large like in the tutorials. Maybe I have too many fixtures in my show. Any ideas?

Thanks

Do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on File menu and select "Import Visualization"

3) In the "Import Visualization" dialog box, be sure "Horizontal" is selected

4) Click on Ok. The visualization should be below the green sequencing grid and should be larger.

Do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on File menu and select "Import Visualization"

3) In the "Import Visualization" dialog box, be sure "Horizontal" is selected

4) Click on Ok. The visualization should be below the green sequencing grid and should be larger.

Thanks. I'll try when I get home. Do you think that by doing this will also sequence the remaining fixtures and props in my visualization. 

I don't think it will change how it is doing the sequencing. It will only make it larger.

If you still have problems, email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. The visualization file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor