Light-O-Rama Forums

I need help with setup

rstout@willamette.edu

I'm new to Light-o-rama and am having trouble getting the software setup.  This is what I have done so far:

* 16 channel controller assembled and tested and working 100%

* software purchased, installed and license key uploaded

* Mp3 music pu\rchased

* music added to show director/MP3 show builder

*light-o-rama sequence builder loaded with MP3 songs

So, I have all of that, but am missing some element to connect all of this up and get the show sequencer to activate the light controller.

I would appreciate any advice/help/documentation that you could give me.

Thanks,

Ross

Look at the LOR Control Panel for the 'Enable Shows' option. It may be that you've created/scheduled everything, but no show is enabled.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sorry to be so stupid, but I'm not sure how to find this.  I have the LOR Sequence Editor window open and the LOR Hardware window open.  Is there a third part of the software I need to open, or is the switch you are referring to within one of these.  Thanks again!

The LOR Control Panel is a program that puts a light bulb icon in your start bar, with the other icons (near your clock.) If you don't see it, then you may have it hidden. Just look for that small triangle (on Windows 7 machines) and see the others tasks that are running. In there you will find links to all of the LOR programs.

If you still don't see it, look under Start -> All Programs -> Light-O-Rama and you will find a long list of programs there.

BTW, you can't run the hardware utility and the sequence editor at the same time. Both require access to the comm port so both can't run at the same time.

BTW, you can't run the hardware utility and the sequence editor at the same time. Both require access to the comm port so both can't run at the same time.

Well, they can run at the same time, but they can't both control the lights at the same time.

Nor can either of them control lights when you have shows enabled.

I think the nomenclature might confuse a newbie. So let me try.

There are sequences...single songs using an MP3 and commands for the lights.

Then there are shows ...groups of sequences arranged in the order you want them.

Then there is a schedule... the time of day and days of week to run the shows.

So there is a sequence editor, a show editor, a schedule editor, and a control panel that enables the schedule.

There's more to it than that, but there it is in a nutshell ....roasting on an open fire. :D