Light-O-Rama Forums

hello from a newb

portcity_gt

Hi, I just ordered my first controller and full software a couple days ago. Im not trying to get anything up this year but just to learn for next year. And so far in two days ive pretty much figured out the software and sequences (I know I still have a lot to learn).

my plans are to master the system at 16 channels and by next halloween/Christmas have hit the spring sale for another controller or two and run 32 or 48 traditional channels in the yard and 16 dumb rgbs on the house. Then within a few years add a ccr tree. Im thinking that will be plenty and in lieu of adding more and more channels as I grow ill mostly concentrate on changing the layout and sequence each year.

so far I havnt ran into any "newb haters" the people who have replied to my other post have been very helpful.

Im looking forward to learning more this coming year and asking plenty of questions too lol.

thanks, nick.

Welcome to the "Hobby"

16 channels is great to start with, I started with 1 controller in 2007, Today with 16 channels with LED light strings you can do amazing things

if you have a grasp on sequencing and your comfortable with electricity why not purchase a few sequences from Light-O-Rama and impress your neighbors

and you can learn more by watching the purchased sequence and learn some quick tricks, When I received my 1st controller after Thanksgiving 2007 I had the display up and running by the

10th of December 2007, and I purchased a few sequences and by the 20th of December I created 7 more sequences, I had 10 songs that year.

Then in 2008 things exploded and I added 2-16 channel Arches, 16 channel Mega Tree, a 16 channel MERRY CHRISTMAS sign with 2 crosses. 

So start your first year easy, then go nuts

enjoy, and Merry Christmas

Alright I have my first question. ...

I downloaded a sequence from one of the members here rush "tom sawyer" for 8ch rgb, and I bought the mp3.

all is good except the lights are about half a second too soon across the board, I figured out hoe to change the timing for each grid but how can I move it all together?

There is a skew icon that let's you make that adjustment. I can't remember what it looks like and I'm on my phone so I can't look, but the help should show you. It's real easy.

In sequence editor

click edit/skew track then change the time to 0.50 earlier see if that's closer to syncing your sequence to audio, you can adjust the time to anything you want, it's defaulted at 0.05 (5 tenths of a second)

a Rush fan eh,  I did 2112 to lights

Welcome to the madness!  LOR controllers are also great for landscaping year round.  The more landscaping, the less installing next season!

In sequence editor

click edit/skew track then change the time to 0.50 earlier see if that's closer to syncing your sequence to audio, you can adjust the time to anything you want, it's defaulted at 0.05 (5 tenths of a second)

a Rush fan eh,  I did 2112 to lights

ok thanks ill give it a try. Yea I like all clasic rock even though its a little before my time being 35.

Welcome to the madness!  LOR controllers are also great for landscaping year round.  The more landscaping, the less installing next season!

Yea I think im going to leave the rgb stuff on the house year round and do other holidays with it.

Well I spent about 3-4 hours watching ALL the videos on the lor site (well except the ccr stuff).it was mostly stuff I already figured out by playing with the software, all in all its pretty simple just time consuming. I have a feeling im going to end up putting together a small display after my controller gets here Thursday and not be able to wait till next year lol. Im mostly excited about getting into the rgb stuff.