Light-O-Rama Forums

Non-musical interlude

zeighty

I posted this in the "Sequencing" forum as well. Forgive the duplication as I seek quick advice.

I only have 6 songs in my show (first year). I would like to put a 1 minute lights only "separator" sequence between each musical sequence.

I thought I could do this with an animation sequence and built one, but cannot figure out how to play it between each song.

Any help will be appreciated. Also your opinion on doing this would also be appreciated.

I am running S3 ver 3.9 Advanced.

Easy, just create the animation sequence(s) then schedule them in the schedule editor. Depending on how many you do, it could be a pain but it can be done.

Just schedule the musical sequence(s), then schedule a animation sequence(s) then another musicical sequence. Not sure if the show editor can do this on its own as that would be easier by far, but don't think it has that capability.

I can think of several ways, but the easiest for a newb would probably be to create an "empty" 1 minute music file with Audacity, then create a new musical sequence using this music file, sequence timings/ lights as desired then schedule it on the musical tab between each of my real musical sequences.

tj

tj si spot on with his info.   It's a pain anyway you slice it.  Because you have to load the "interlude" {silent musical sequence using an empty audio file} between every "REAL" musical sequence.

Example:

Song 1

Interlude

Song 2

Interlude

Song 3

Interlude

Song 4

Interlude

Song 5

Interlude

Song 6

Interlude

Song 7

Interlude

So for 7 songs you would have to load the interlude after each, so the number of interlude would actually be the same number as your song count.   18 songs, 18 interludes.

Hope this helps clear it up a bit better.

tj si spot on with his info.   It's a pain anyway you slice it.  Because you have to load the "interlude" {silent musical sequence using an empty audio file} between every "REAL" musical sequence.

Example:

Song 1

Interlude

Song 2

Interlude

Song 3

Interlude

Song 4

Interlude

Song 5

Interlude

Song 6

Interlude

Song 7

Interlude

So for 7 songs you would have to load the interlude after each, so the number of interlude would actually be the same number as your song count.   18 songs, 18 interludes.

Hope this helps clear it up a bit better.

That's how I do it.  I ahve a 2 minute intermission between show.  I created a voice over announcing show end, show times, thanks for coming etc and will begin in 2 minutes.  I created it in audacity with some background music so they can at least have their radio tuned in.  That makes it nice too.

Bottom line - create a one minute musical and put that in between your shows.

I do the same as I play a music sequence then have a interlude with static lights before the next song. Don't worry about creating an empty music file just create an animation sequence with the lights you want on. In the show editor in the musical tab add your animation sequence as well. When you click the + to add a sequence the bottom drop down box will default to music sequences but you can change it to all and then add in the animation one for you interlude. This way you can put them all in the right order. It's very easy Hop this helps

Tony

• Like 1

When you create the show, there is a field at the bottom called cleanup sequence, you can put a sequence file in here that will play after every sequence in the show.

Oops, enter to quick.  Meaning if you have sequence 1, sequence 2, sequence 3.  When sequence 1 finishes, the cleanup sequence will run, when cleanup sequence 2 finishes the cleanup sequence will run and so.  Hope this helps.

I do the same as I play a music sequence then have a interlude with static lights before the next song. Don't worry about creating an empty music file just create an animation sequence with the lights you want on. In the show editor in the musical tab add your animation sequence as well. When you click the + to add a sequence the bottom drop down box will default to music sequences but you can change it to all and then add in the animation one for you interlude. This way you can put them all in the right order. It's very easy Hop this helps

Tony

Thanks Tony. Your method was spot on. I appreciate the help. I did determine that 1 minute was too long. Viewer feedback said 30 seconds max..

Blackwolfk9

I will check the clean up sequence out. Sound like a solution.

It helps me. It seems there are several ways to do things soe easier than others and yours seems to be the easiest. Every days a school day!

Oops, enter to quick. Meaning if you have sequence 1, sequence 2, sequence 3. When sequence 1 finishes, the cleanup sequence will run, when cleanup sequence 2 finishes the cleanup sequence will run and so. Hope this helps.

I was referring to this suggestion in my last post. I'm going to try this.

Hit Post a little too quick....

Blackwolfk9

I will check the clean up sequence out. Sound like a solution, perhaps the LOR designed solution.

Thanks to all that provide solutions. I need all the help I can get.