Light-O-Rama Forums

Unused Channels

Bustluvr

Doesn't matter if they show up in the sequence, on Controller #05, channels 15 and 16 are OPEN/UNUSED channesl in my display currently, as long as there are no cells turned on in that row, the controllers channels will remain off and "unused".  

You should always leave them in your sequences for future use when you add another prop, more lights or what have you to youir display.  

Also those unused channels can be utilized as "spares", say you have channels 9-16 not used on one controller, but are using channels 1-8, say channels 2,4 and 7 go out, you could now move those channels cells to channels 9, 10 and 11, but you'd have to "modify" your sequence to reflect the change so those lights still come on and do what they are supposed too in that and each sequence in your display.

They don't take up any space or memory, so no reason to remove them, again, as long as there is nothing plugged into those channels and they have nothing turned on in them anywhere, they are off until you turn them on within the SE.

Keep all your channels in track 1, and call it "Master". Then copy the channels that you actually use to a "Working" track. That way you won't need to see the unused channels when you're sequencing.

If you later decide to put a channel in a background sequence, for example a channel to turn on the speakers and light your "Tune Radio" sign, then don't delete that channel from your main configuration, but instead set it to "(no device type selected)", and name it something like "Static Lights". That way, it will make it easier if you move that channel to a different controller in the future.

ok that answers that question. I plan on adding at least 1 more controller next year which will bring me up to 60 channels . i purchased sequences from LOR. If a sequence is designed for channels up to 48, what will i have to do to the sequence for the new controller to work?????

... 60 channels . i purchased sequences from LOR. If a sequence is designed for channels up to 48, what will i have to do to the sequence for the new controller to work?????

Copy and paste from similar elements, then edit as necessary.

do they sell a LOR  for dummies help book???? :P

There is a lot to learn, isn't there? I would start by going through the video tutorials (links at top of the forums) to get an idea how some of the features, etc., in LOR work. Once you've watched those, you could go back to the documentation to follow up on parts of the videos that didn't quite make sense, or you want to know more about.