Light-O-Rama Forums

Please help! Newbie here

Kozville Gallows

We purchased sequences and the music got that all working. However when I plug everything in I can't get the lights to light up?? Not sure what I did wrong. The light bulb is blue and everything?? Not sure what to do or what I am not doing right!

• Like 1

Can you run a sequence with the sequence editor and then do the lights outside light up?

Did you buy a software license?

Have you run the hardware utility to see if the computer can actually see the controllers? Assigned a comm port?

When you click on the blue bulb, a pop up box should appear showing you in there what exactly is happening.  As mcmpros asked, did you create a show BEFORE enabling the show using SSB or the Show Editor?

If not, then nothing is running, hence no lights!

If something is running the pop up window will show you exactly what sequence/music is playing, or it may show "no show is loaded", which means you either did not create a show or you did, but didn't "schedule" a show to run,

First you create your show, then use the schedule editor to set the show times for it to run at the times you want.

Takes a little work, the show when enable won't just pick up your sequences and run them, you've got to do some preliminary work first.

ok I have the sequence and music together in sequence editor- when i go to show editor or simple show builder I can't find my files anywhere? What do I need to do so that I can find them and import them?

ok I have the sequence and music together in sequence editor- when i go to show editor or simple show builder I can't find my files anywhere? What do I need to do so that I can find them and import them?

We also do have a license. everything is working just not together

in the show editor you should be able to click on new and and click on the plus sign--your saved sequences should come up.  Sorry if this is something you've tried already; not trying to make it more frustrating.  i just know that when i get flustered the simple things escape me.  let us know what happens hope all turns out well for you!

We also do have a license. everything is working just not together

Are your sequences in the MAIN LOR "Sequences" directory?   NOT a "Sub-Directory", if they are in a Sub-directory, the show editor or simple show builder WILL NOT find them!    The music can be in any directory or subdirectory as long as the sequence file knows where to locate it.

But the sequences have to be in the LOR Default {MAIN} Sequences directory to be found by the Show Editor or SSB.

I did get this figured out!! Thank you so much for all the help!!  :lol:

So what were you doing wrong that created the issue?  

I'm sure some of us would like to know what happened, and what you did to fix it.

Especially all the other new folks here getting into this that could make the same mistake{s} you did.

What I did was I had the LMS files in a sub folder and the show builder couldn't find them. I moved them all to the main sequence folder. I did that after I attached the music to the sequence. Thank you all so much for the help. We have half the show up and going. We are so excited. We are going to post a video.

I did the same thing last week. I have made the mistake of makeing multiple sequence folders and now I can't figure out which one is the main LOR file folder.

I did the same thing last week. I have made the mistake of makeing multiple sequence folders and now I can't figure out which one is the main LOR file folder.

You can reset your data directory by using the instructions here.

To find out your current LOR directory, simply open your sequence editor, File -> Open. The "Existing" tab is your LOR sequences folder.

Most often the main sequences for the LOR software is "Sequences", unless you changed that during your set up.  

I only change the main directory in my set up to C:\LOR, everything else under that directory are the LOR defaults, but I do add other subfolders under Audio and Sequences.

Under Sequences I also have subfolders to denote different years, different channel counts and different years of sequencing, all kept in their appropriate place.  Along with various channel config files for each display type/setup.  

Just like under Audio I have several subfolders for Christmas, Halloween, Patriotic, etc. and there are subfolders under these, all used for keeping my MP3 files where I know exactly where to find them, also have 128kbps and 192kbps   areas, since I usually use 192k MP3 files myself.

this way I know when it's time to create a show, I just move my sequences into the main "Sequences" folder under my LOR directory and the SSB or Schedule Editor can find everything I need to create the show.

Most often the main sequences for the LOR software is "Sequences", unless you changed that during your set up. 

Just a little clarification: It is always Sequences.  What you can change during setup is the directory above Sequences.  So for example, setup might default to "C:\Users\Imelda\My Documents\Light-O-Rama", and if she were to accept that default, Imelda's main sequence directory would be "C:\Users\Imelda\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences", and her main media directory would be "C:\Users\Imelda\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Audio".

But if instead of accepting that default, she changed it to "C:\LOR", then her main sequences directory would be "C:\LOR\Sequences", and her main media directory would be "C:\LOR\Audio".

Thanks Bob for clarifying that.

I apparently hadn't had my coffee that morning when I posted that, and wasn't fully functional without the morning caffeine to get the brain functional again. LOL