Light-O-Rama Forums

New Here!

mrcobra92

Hello! I am new here but not new to forums in general (I own and operate 3 of them) and I am just about ready to put on my show, I have my lights up and in 16 channels, checked the amperage and wattage, and I have purchased some light sequences already. All I need in the hardware. I am looking at this http://store.lightorama.com/ba16chpa.html and buying an FM Transmitter. I already have connections for my CAT5 cable from my room to the garage. All I wanted to a do make sure that this setup I am looking at buying is all I will need for everything to work properly. Thanks.

That should be all you need.  I would, however, recommend bumping up your license level from Basic to a minimum of Basic+, although "Advanced" would be the recommened license.     If you get the advanced license, as your display and contrioller count grows, you won't have to upgrade your license later on.   And there is usually a discount for upgrading to the higher license levels when purchasing everything you need.

I started with Basic+, but within less than 3 weeks upgraded to the "Advanced License", for one thing, the Advanced level gives you access to EVERYTHING available in the Sequence Editor, whereas, the lower levels may have limits or no access to some features.

That should be all you need.  I would, however, recommend bumping up your license level from Basic to a minimum of Basic+, although "Advanced" would be the recommened license.     If you get the advanced license, as your display and contrioller count grows, you won't have to upgrade your license later on.   And there is usually a discount for upgrading to the higher license levels when purchasing everything you need.

I started with Basic+, but within less than 3 weeks upgraded to the "Advanced License", for one thing, the Advanced level gives you access to EVERYTHING available in the Sequence Editor, whereas, the lower levels may have limits or no access to some features.

So what are all of the extra features for the advanced version? Thanks for the reply by the way.

There are many differences, just check out the above link I supplied and read everything.  You may find you want the Advanced license sooner than you might think.

Not sure if LOR uses any other shipper.   I'm not a big fan of UPS or FedEx either.  USPS has always been my best bet, but most won't places won't ship larger items USPS. and may only use UPS or only use FedEx, sometimes when you check out you get an option to select which method you wish.

Been awhile since I've bought anything from LOR, but seem to recall they only used UPS.  But can't say that is 100% certain.

If you don't want to use UPS, you may want to call LOR Directly and see if they can work out another method in your case.

Good Luck!

Thank you for all of the support and reposes guys, looks like I will be placing my order today! I will be getting this http://store.lightorama.com/rese16chstpa.html and this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096KY9YS/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p422_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1T8EYX3W8V1K363J9QR8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846 with a 100ft Cat5 cable and the Basic+ version simply for the automatic beat detection (thought I don't know who it will do with tempo changes and mixed meter songs but we shall see)

"Hello.  My name is Rob… and I'm addicted to Christmas Lights."

'Hellooooo Rob'

LOL   :D

Just wanted to introduce myself.  Not new to LOR or Christmas Light Shows, and not new to "Forums"… but I am a new registered member of 'this' forum.  At 64 Channels and over 16,000 lights coming into this forum, and still growing.  Looking forward to learning and getting ideas from everyone else here.

Merry Christmas and Blessing!

Rob