Light-O-Rama Forums

Keeping Lights On for 30 minutes before first show.

JerseyTechGuy

I have a 10 minute show that runs every hour.  I have it starting at 5:30pm but since it is dark in NJ at 5:00pm now I'd like to know if there is a way to have the lights come on before the show for 30 minutes.  I have them set to stay on between shows but having them on before the show starts would be cool too.

Are you running this from the PC or a Director?

In either case, you will want to schedule a show to start 5:00 and run until 5:30. In that show you would have a single animation sequence. Make sure that 'turn lights off at end' is *not* checked when creating that show. Otherwise, things will blink every time the sequence starts over.

Thanks Don. I designed a 30 minute filler show that all lights are on.  I was able to schedule this for the 1/2 hour before the first actual show starts.  It worked great.

I have the same question as JerseyTechGuy.

I have a 22 minute show containing 7 musical sequences that runs every half hour beginning at 6:00 PM and ending at 10:00 PM.

I want my lights to turn on at 5:30 to 6:00 PM before my scheduled show begins and stay on from 10:00 to 10:30 PM after my scheduled show ends.

I saw Don's response to JersieTechGuy; however, I am such a newbie, I don't understand how you create an single animation sequence.

How do you do it?

Jerry,

You create an animation sequence in the sequence editor. Instead of saying new 'musical' sequence, you select new 'animation' sequence.

Thanks Don.

I now understand where to go to create the animation but I am not sure how you create an animation. 

Are there "canned" animations to keep all of the lights on for a certain time or do you actually have to create it someway?

Like I said, I am a real newbie!

Have you created any musical sequences yet? If so, it's the same concept, except you just turn all of the channels "on" for the length of the sequence.

If you are using purchased sequences, then you have some work ahead of you. Create a new animation sequence, but ignore the defaults for now. Then go to Tools -> Channel Configuration -> Add Controller and add as many controllers as you actually have. (Note, you can't add them all at once.) Go with the defaults, changing only the UnitID to match what you currently have. If you only have one controller, you can stop after the first one.

Then use the "ON" command to fill in the channel spacing. Since you went with the defaults, it's a one minute sequence. When you are done, you can save the sequence, and it's ready to use.

That's just the 'getting started' version. You will see many other options, but this should get you going.

Take a look at the "Video Tutorials" link at the top of the page. Has some good information.

Don, thanks for your feedback.

No, I have never created any musical sequences. I am using purchased sequences with my two 16 channel LOR controllers.

While still working full time, just getting all of the lights hung, hooked up, etc., is about all I have been able to accomplish.

I will follow your instructions, as well as also view the Video Tutorials you mentioned.

Thanks again for your help!

I have a very similar show schedule.  5:00-5:30 the lights just stay on, plays show from 5:30-5:45 then lights stay on until 6:30.  6:30-6:45 another show and so on.

I created a 1 minute animation with everything on and it just repeats itself until show time, turns it's self back on after the show

PM me if you have issues, I can try and email you something

Sticks4legs, I have no clue on how to create such an animation.

I would really appreciate if you would email me your animation sequence?

I have been so busy trying to get my display set up that I really haven't had the time to try to learn how to create a sequence.

Thanks,

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

I would spend some time now testing driving the program. Click around, try stuff. Animation is very simple... but if you havent tried your own sequencing i can see where the disconnect is. The more time you put in the more famialr you will be. Tons of videos out there and read every thread on here.

I spent a good 6 months studying before i touched the software.

My 2 or 3 cents...