Light-O-Rama Forums

Ice stopped the show

mrchuck

Is the controller still on, LED light on steady?    May need to do a reset of the controller.   Or maybe, and not sure if this would help, open the controller and use a blow dryer on the circuit board on low heat to warm up the board.

Other than that, I don't know.   Fortunately it's very rare I have to deal with ice, but once in a while we do get some here in "Sunny" Florida, I have to usually deal more with rain and critters trying to crawl inside the controllers.

Show works fine here in dallas icemageddon. Ran fine Saturday with a couple inches of sleet accumulation, and 1/4 inch of freezing rain on most everything. But we shut down tonight because more people were out driving, and the parking lot was really bad.

As above, check your status lights.

Welcome aboard mrchuck.

You might have good connection but is the cable good? I've seen them go bad and having a cat5 cable checker sure makes things easier to find what's bad or not.

And as others have mentioned above, steady status light.

I've got half an inch of ice here on everything but other than one electrical feed failure and very unhappy GFCI's, its still running. Now when it all melts in the next day or two, I might have more problems. My controllers are literally sealed in ice right now and no way to open them. I'm thinking I should have put a black plastic bag over them. As for the OP here in this thread, you need to verify your GFCI's haven't popped then the cat5 connections.