Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add songs to a sho while it is running?

J. Garrett

How can I add songs to a show while it is running? I do not want to shut it down and restart it which is the only way I know how to do it. I have searched but can not find any info on it.

Thanks in advance.

J. Garrett

You can open the Show Editor (not the Simple Show Builder!) and edit the show that is running. Add/Remove the songs with need/want to.

Be aware though, when you hit 'Save' the currently playing show will reload. I don't recall if it will wait for a musical sequence to end or not. It will, however, restart immediately if an animation sequence it playing.

I dontbthink you wouldn't be able to do it with the simple show builder, but you should be able to with the show editor. Just add the new song to an existing show. Maybe.

Odd. I just opened a show that was running, added a song, then was able to 'Save.'

You could try save as, and save it to the same file name. That might work. (Might not, don't know.)

When I add songs in the show editor it does not give me the option to save. Only the save as. What am I doing wrong? :unsure:

Make sure you have opened the file first, then add your new song(s).  You will have the SAVE feature once you have opened the file.

MikeH

When I have done that it RELOADS the show, and during the reload the last file does shut down gracefully, but when the show shut downs and then restarts, the lights are all off during the RELOAD status.

However even though it's not a very long shutdown, unfortunately IT IS noticable, when I've done it, during the reload, it turns off all my lights, then starts the show over again, just a few seconds, but still noticable just the same.

I don't figure I need to change the show that badly during the evening.  I either wait until after the show ends, or sometime during the next day to make any changes.