Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences misbehaving in schedule but not individually

robigd

Odd happenings here I am hoping I can get some help with.

When I play individual sequences and control the lights, everything looks good. When I am running on a schedule, random things are occuring in my show. I.e, the channel that controls the Tune To sign is turning off at random times. Again, when I do the song individually to control the lights, everything is fine.

I can't figure out what is happening. Has anybody else had this problem? Please help! Thanks!

I am running version 3.10.6.

Is your Tune To sign running as a background sequence? If so, that channel cannot be in any other sequence.

Nope. I have no background sequences running. Just musical sequences and the tune to sign is just a regular channel on a CTB16PC controller.

Think I got it. I had removed a background sequence from my show earlier, and after I shutdown the control panel and restarted, it works fine now. I am guessing something was still stuck in memory and just had to be rebooted.

Crisis adverted!

• 2 weeks later...

what is a background sequence??  Mine is doing that sorta... like channels are getting "stuck" on or just randomly come on when they aren't supposed to.  I have checked all the plugs, changed all the cat 5 lines, moved those channels to a different controller only to have other channels start doing it, I have gone through my sequencing with a fine tooth comb even so much as "started over" with a new sequence file from scratch without using an imported channel configuration.  It is still doing it.  So now I just say "what the hell" and go with it. 

Are you A.C. lines going to the controller or to the lights running next to any of the Cat 5 cables? Try to keep 6 -12" separation between the two types of wire. When power leads and Cat 5 run together, esp in a pipe or conduit. Strange things begin to happen. Try to only cross over at near 90 degrees if you need to.

Background shows are in the show editor. Open your main show and look at the tabs for the background and see if you loaded anything in there by accident. In mine, I have a background show running on purpose which runs at the same time as the main show. For me, its running 6 tomato cage trees on the sides of the yard, slowly fading off and on, individually. At times though, during the show, I command them from the reqular sequences, which overrides the background sequence. But, after "x" number of seconds of no commands from whatever sequence is playing, the background commands resume their normal thing. 

well, after reading that... I thought you were crazy cuz I use the Simple Show Builder... but then I remembered... When Dave helped me set up stuff to run a test he showed me how to use the schedule Editor.  Sure enough there was stuff scheduled.  So you think that is what is making my lights do stupid stuff???  I can't wait to watch it tonight!!!   It has been driving me up the wall !!!

Cool. just sent you a PM about it then came here and see you already found it. I had that happen to me this year as well as I forgot and put in there my radio tune to sign. During the sequences, I command the sign down to %30 then back up at the end of each sequence. But, initially, the sign appeared to be doing its own thing and driving me nuts. I kept looking at all of my sequences and so on. Then I remembered to check the background tab in the show editor which showed me which of two background animation sequences I was using. One had the radio sign in it...so I was using the wrong sequence. Problem solved.