Light-O-Rama Forums

First real XMAS show... finally ready....

lowepg

Thanks to several folks here for help and suggestions... I literally JUST finished up today :-)

I started with LOR last year- about 2 weeks before XMAS- boy was I in for a rude awakening! I had 1 controller and basically just wired my existing crappy net lights and icicle lights to the controller and started playing.

I dove in deeper this year for halloween with about 96 channels... and fell in love with the singing faces- so I've been scrambling to get singing face elements into our very first "real" xmas display. My attempt at a Mega tree was also a bit of a disaster.... so I ended up stringing the lights to an existing 20' tree in the yard- duh... should have done that in the first place!

Anyways, here's a few samples of the result..... be gentle.... this was my jump from 16 channels to 160 in 1 year (my fingers, back and arms and WALLET are still sore).

btw, my green LED flood light crapped out day1 and all i had handy was a blue flood bulb- lence the blue on the left and green on the right! :-) - Ill fix that tomorrow.

You may note theres not really many lights actually ON the house- I had dreams of RGB strips along the "peaks" of the house, but ran out of time, know-how and $$$ to get that included this year....

• Like 1

looks great!!

I just started this year about a month ago with 16ch and iv already added a controller and added to all my sequences for this year to add 2 - 12ch candy cane spinners on the roof but wired reverse so one spins clockwise and the other is counterclockwise :) stuff is addictive i lv already got plans and most of the props made up for next year i plan on going to 96 or  112 channels

From one newbie to another, Great Job.  I started this year with 80 channels, and all I can say is time flies and sleep per night gets shorter as the display goes up.