Light-O-Rama Forums

Songs per show

service call

How many songs do you put in a show? I have an intro and 12 sequences that last 32.5 mins. Just wondering what other people do in their shows.

I have 80 channels and average 8-10 songs per show.  However, I  have about 15 songs ready to go, so somedays I just mix them up and change the show  35-45 minutes long

I was fortunate (or unlucky) enough to have a lot of traffic at my previous home. There were times I would shorten the rotation down to 2 or 3 songs, just to keep things moving.

This is my first year and I'm running an intro and 7 songs, runs about 22-23 mins. Show runs continuously all night but if traffic becomes an issue I might need to relook at it.

I have a great situation where people park in a field across the street from the house so there is no need to keep traffic flowing.  I run 3 shows a night each at the top of the hour and they are about 1/2 hour long.  This gives time for the cars to leave and others arrive.  Keep them wanting more.  Too long of a show and it gets old. 

40-50 songs....2 hours almost exaclty per "show....2-3 shows a night...

Too short a show and people get bored, it gets old and repetitive...I like the "come by several times a week repeat customers"....

But honeslty, this is such a subjective thing that it truly is just a matter of "to each his own"....

This is my first year.  I have 22 minutes of sequences with 8 minutes of static display with music and the show repeats on the hour and half hour. 

I have 48 songs that just play continuously every night .....I noticed most stay for 3-4 songs and leave very few stay for all songs.

(Maybe my display is that bad ....thats why they don't stay) :(

Doing 16 songs plus intro, then a non musical 2 minute intermission sequence to get the crowd to change.. total time 1 hour 15 minutes..

I have 5 songs I use. Most folks stay for several minutes and move on. Each song is around 3 to 4 minutes long. I run different programs every 10 minutes. I run programs with only one song, for all 5 songs. Then I run a program where all five play in sequence. A few people stay for entire program.  So far onlt one accident happened in 6 years! I am the only display on my block which run sequencing light with music. More people start coming by as Christmas gets closer. I live on a pretty busy street so many slow down but don't stop.

You will figure out what works beat for your area. People usually don't stay too long however. The more info you post in front of your display of the content of your show, chances are people will wait to see a part they would like to see. I only post what frequency and band I use to broadcast my music. You can add times and what music you use. This may draw peoples interest more.

Happy Holidays!

I have a short intro plus 7 songs, and I inserted short movie audio clips in between each song.  About 20 minutes for the cycle, which runs continuously until 10:00 on school nights, 11:00 Friday/Saturday.  Several neighbors have young school kids and I don't want the lights to be too much of a distraction for them.

I have 45 songs, the show is 2:35 minutes, and Sunday through Thursday the show plays and repeats so 5:00pm to 10:10pm, Friday and Saturday till Midnight and on my website I have all songs with what time they will play and people can "map" when they want to catch their song, so far the response from the people is great, we hand out candy canes and a playlist, I will do this every year, and I have plenty of parking so no traffic issues and people will do the same as others have said, they will park watch some songs, then come back throughout the Christmas Season

I have 6 songs.  I cut them to 2 to 2.5 minutes a piece.  Someone said too short of a show and people get bored.  I think the exact opposite.  Who really wants to sit in front of a house in a running car with 3 kids for over 30 minutes?  Not me.  I want to see what you have done for 10-15 minutes and move on to another display.

this is my first year with a 16 channel kit, I can't figure out how to add songs to a sequence ?

I bought two sequence from lor, and I made one up myself, not proud of it, and I'm working on a 5 minute song, Another Question - I can't figure out how to just play a short portion of the song, so I don't have to got through 2 minutes or so of the song to see changes I'm making ?

I've try'd the one in the tools tab, but I can't get it to stay there while I make changes ?

any advice would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

Red

Red,

For adding songs and sequences to your show, you use the Show Editor, not the Sequence Editor. Different tool.

As to only playing certain portions of the song in the seqence editor while working on it, watch the videos LoR has put up on their website on how to use the sequence editor.Much easier and more complete than trying to explain it here.

-Paul