Light-O-Rama Forums

Exported sequence truncated (only first 10 seconds)

caffeine

OK.  So I've done my first sequence in SuperStar for my 14X50 2D megatree.

Really happy with it.  Problem is I can't seem to get it to export the sequence file properly.  No errors, and a valid file is produced however only the first 10 seconds or so actually show effects, any effects after that time are ignored and don't appear in the sequence editor.

It's a sliding window, i.e. if I move the timing in SuperStar then export I get that section of the sequence exported.  Kind of like you would if you simply hit Play 8 Seconds rather than Play All in SS.

I'm obviously doing something silly, but I can't seem to work it out...

FYI it looks at this stage that it's related to some glitchiness when I was upgrading my license last night.  Brian's having a look-see for me with the LOR type people.

Got to say, I had to get my head around this software but once you grasp the concepts you can do some very fun things very quickly.  Even managed to get a pirate sword-fight up and running in my carol of the bells/pirates mash-up in a matter of minutes.

Nutcracker is great for general background effects, but I'm really liking SuperStar for low level sequencing.

Thanks for the comments.

Pirate sword fighting, that's some advanced stuff. I'm impressed that you could do that while still being new to SuperStar. I'd be curious to see and hear your Carol of the Bells/Pirates mash-up. Is this the theme from "Pirates of the Carribean?"

Not really that hard, which is the point.  4 images, fighter 1 sword up, fighter 1 sword down, fighter 2 sword up, fighter 2 sword down.  Alternate and alter X positioning to give a sense of parry/thrust and it's done and dusted.

http://www.samlinmusic.com/2013/03/pirates-of-the-caribbean-meets-carol-of-the-bells/

was where I got the mash-up from.  One guy doing all instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqJbkR51j10 is my display from last year (pre-RGB and having just moved into a new place, so it's nothing great).

It's got some definite timings which makes it nice for sequencing.

All good.  My license must have got itself all in a pickle.  It said 24, but the LOR server had 2.  I checked and it had only charged me for 2 so shoved through an upgrade to get it all into alignment and all good.

Here you go Brian.  I only started playing with Superstar yesterday, and this is dodgy footage of the first trial run (needs tweaking).

Dueling pirates are at about 1:21 I think.

Very cool! Glad you got the license thing straightened out, and glad you are figuring out the software and creating cool sequences!