Light-O-Rama Forums

First year show. Whaddya think?

oilmoney

Here's a couple youtube vids of my place up in Fort Mcmurray. Just wondered what you guys think. I realize my timings aren't always bang on and I know I need more floodlights but other than that I'm happy considering I didn't start anything till mid October.  Unfortunately I can't paste a link, search either chad kozak or fort mcmurray bouncing house on youtube and I'll pop up. With the show only being live only 4 days I've already got the front page of the paper, on the radio, over 5000 views on youtube, nominated for communities in bloom, placed on the xmas light bus tour and collected a ton of stuff for the SPCA. I know you hardcore guys are used to it but it's pretty neat for me to have cars lined up in front of the house every night. I now know I'm hooked and already have mega plans for next year. Thank you guys for helping me on these forums get where I am right now!

Sincerely,

Chad Kozak

THE FORT MCMURRAY BOUNCING HOUSE

Great job, I particularly like the way you have the hedge set up for your chase. Your Tree is great also.

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

Great tree well done. How have you managed so many hits on you tube. I thought I had done well with over a thousand since the 1st December.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6uLtYh98QbY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6uLtYh98QbY%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

thank you for that kind comment tony, I think that not too many people up here have seen anything that comes close to a light show before so word spread pretty quickly about it, therefore more youtube shares on facebook

Great set up I think that was really good for the first time. Do you think you can share some information about how you get started. I want to start doing shows and yours is a great model.

No problem Ramon, what would you like to know? The mega tree consists of 12 cosmic color ribbons and a 6 channel star on top. The frame is made out of treated 2x4 and the ribbons are supported by metal strapping.  The sequences you see on the tree are premade, I just purchased them from superstarlights.com and copied and pasted them into my sequence. I have 8 floodlights purchased off the lightorama website and I made a Happy Holidays sign using cosmic color pixels. Everything else is just the run of the mill LED lights you'd buy at your local hardware store. Each tree in the front yard has 5 channels, the eave of my house is 3 channels, my front step has 6 channels of rope lights, there is 4 channels of lights hanging above my front step, 10 channels of candy canes, 8 channels of shrubs, and 3 channels in each of my windows. I hope this helps, let me know if I can be of more assistance and have a great day!

I was kinda limited to that due to the fact that it probably wouldn't have fit underneath my other peak of the house plus it would have been behind my tree plus I have a small front yard, not much options for me...

• 2 weeks later...

Great show, I only did my first show this year. Love the tree, thought the programming of it was excellent very creative. I'll def have to buy some sequences once I make my own.

I bought those sequences from superstarlights.com. Hopefully next year I can make my own.

64 ch of LOR but only used probably 60, 720 for 12 CCR's for the mega tree I think, 24ch for the 8 10w floods and 120 I think for my CCP sign. Next year I'll be pushing 240 ish LOR channels I think/hope.....