Light-O-Rama Forums

Here's a couple more videos

George Simmons

As the title says, here's a couple more videos.  These are the songs currently in the opening set.  After the intro announcement Oh Yeah plays.  (This is my yard/light check song for this year.)  And then, just to let the viewers know they need to stay awake, I hit 'em with Winter Palace.  Best 1,2 combo I've ever run.

Enjoy!

Another great job. George may I ask on those 10 or so trees in the front that you make bounce up and down, is that RGB or regular light string. However  you do it, it is a really cool effect.    Mel

Haha George. Oh Yeah! That's a good one. I'm curious, are you the original inventor of the singing face? I was curious what it's origins were.

BTW, Did you ever get a chance to play with my dmx pixel maps. I ran out of time this year so the pixel tree's going to have to wait until next year.

As always, great job!

P~

Thanks guys. 

Melvin - the trees all have red, blue, and green LEDs overlaid with 50 CCBs.  Red and green can chase, blue is global.

p - dmx pixel lights?  me?  Nothing I can recall.

How did you get the candy canes on the garage doors so bright?

Nothing special really - they're standard-issue Wally World lighted canes, the white ones with red stripes.

The garage doors are white, so maybe that helps a bit.

Nothing special really - they're standard-issue Wally World lighted canes, the white ones with red stripes.

The garage doors are white, so maybe that helps a bit.

ahh i see id say thats what it is i thought about putting like a shadow of white coro behind mine being that they are against our tan brick home but i decided that would be to much work to do individually lol! You have amazing display sir ;)

Thanks. It's just so cool to be able to do what we do. And I'll be the first to admit that I get a great deal of satisfaction standing across the street watching it all myself. It has taken me since 2008 to finally get comfortable with the idea of "Holy cow! I created all that?!?!" But as recently as this evening, I'm still as much in awe of how it all looks as anyone else watching from the street.

Overhearing people's comments, as well as those they offer directly, is a darn gratifying reward for 11 months of planning and work. There - I've said it. Call me selfish if you want, I don't care. I simply love hearing the kids laugh and even squeal when the house makes faces at them. What a riot. And the little girl on opening night when I handed her a candy cane and she says "Can you make our house look like this?" Her mom about dropped her she was laughing so hard. You just can't buy that stuff at Target or Macy's.

• Like 2

Thanks. It's just so cool to be able to do what we do. And I'll be the first to admit that I get a great deal of satisfaction standing across the street watching it all myself. It has taken me since 2008 to finally get comfortable with the idea of "Holy cow! I created all that?!?!" But as recently as this evening, I'm still as much in awe of how it all looks as anyone else watching from the street.

Overhearing people's comments, as well as those they offer directly, is a darn gratifying reward for 11 months of planning and work. There - I've said it. Call me selfish if you want, I don't care. I simply love hearing the kids laugh and even squeal when the house makes faces at them. What a riot. And the little girl on opening night when I handed her a candy cane and she says "Can you make our house look like this?" Her mom about dropped her she was laughing so hard. You just can't buy that stuff at Target or Macy's.

yes sir that is what its about there's no one in my area at all that does a full computer animated set up like these, most have a plug n play light show from lowes or home depot and quickly found out that it is nothing the same as LOR or these full animation set ups! this is my first year and have had it running daily since Thanksgiving night and i have had all kinds of visitors :D and a few kiddos dancig in the yard and driveway and man did that make me smile not to mention i love seeing my 4 year old sons eyes light up every time we pull into our neighborhood and he says daddy turn the radio up for the Christmas lights!! not going to lie its a good feeling to see that many people get enjoyment out of some flashing lights!! :wub:

i brought a guy over to my house from work that said "awe i do the same thing at my house, the little green box that plays music and you hook all the lights too?" i said maybe? but im not real sure you should just swing by tonight after work and ill show you how mine works...

lol needless to say he was stunned just by my little small setup especially when i explained to him that we sequenced the lights to the music and have to tell every channel when to come on, fade, twinkle, and shimmer.... his jaw dropped :) he congratulated me on a great show and said ill never compare my little box to what you do with your lights this is awesome 

this being my first year and starting 2 months ago i had 16ch and now i have 32ch and planning on 112 for next year 

im uploading a short video of my test run on the candy cane spinner on my house, i just finished them today and need to finish up the cords to the other side of the house tomorrow and get them both going! 

• The topic was locked