Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar effects question

KevinHittle

Good evening everyone!

I know most people probably use this software on CCRs and megatrees...but I want to use this on my house covered in GECE pixels.  I have already done some cool effects like SHOCKWAVE and FAN that would be way too time consuming to do in the sequence editor...but there is one effect that I would really like to do...

I want to do wipes of color from left to right..top to bottom and vice versa...maybe with a fade on the back side...

Is this possible to do with SUPERSTAR?

If so...how do i do it?

I will likely purchase the addon if I can get it to work...

Kev

post-12389-0-77642400-1386136038_thumb.j

Fortunately, there is a new feature in SuperStar that allows you to apply morphs to the visualization instead of the sequencing grid. To use it, click on the "VisEffect" checkbox at the bottom of the Morph dialog box. You can then mark the beginning and end of a morph directly to the visualization. Click on the Add button and Play to see what it looks like.

There is a sample of VisEffects in the Samples folder. Click on the File menu and select Open, navigate to the "Samples" folder then open the file "CandyCanes_sample.sup"

The sample file first does some regular morphs then it does some VisEffect morphs.

If you are not familiar with how to use morphs, there is a video tutorial on them. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials" the superstar tutorials are at the bottom. The second superstar tutorial is on morphs.

• Like 2

I will likely purchase the addon if I can get it to work...

Kev

Purchase the add-on. I will guarantee you'll like it. I sequenced my entire show in Superstar this year, including a 64 channel Non-RGB mega tree

• Like 1

I am able to use vis effects for whole yard color changing morphs. I swipe from green to blue then blue to red etc. the most fun I have had is morphs to the beat. Swiping the whole yard is interesting. My only complaint is that you can not morph on top of a color. Meaning if I wanted to morph a blue line on top of a red background it won't work. The colors combine.

Superstar is more than morphs though. So once you learn to use it you may never go back to the seq editor. I sequenced my entire Christmas show in superstar and it seems it was much faster and easier. Nudges are time savers. Yes, I have CCR and RGB but I have normal incandescent elements as well. All programmed in SuperStar.

That was sooooo easy...I will be purchasing  this for sure...it would take forever to do that in the sequence editor...

Thanks guys...just need to learn the types of morphs...the one I wanted was the default one...lol

Kev