Light-O-Rama Forums

anchoring props on the roof tips

bhunt240

Well guys I couldn't take it anymore lol I bought another controller to add to my first year 16ch display and im building a 12ch 7' candy cane spinner im in the middle of building a hub for them and a pole with a base mounted on the same angle as the pitch on my roof but im unsure wether I should just use lag bolts and silicone them or try to do guy wire to the gutter or something? ?

Any tips would be great we plan on finishing them tomorrow

Thanks

Some will probably disagree with me, but, I would never put lag bolts into my roof.  

As far as attaching to the gutters, probably not a good idea either.  The gutters are generally made of aluminum and are easily damaged.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you -- I would like to put airblowns up there, and have never been able to figure out how to secure them -- without damaging the roof.

Jerry

My dad used screws and lags to mount props on the roof when I was younger (back in the 70s) and every year till he passed away in 2011.

I've used screws and lags since 1990 and up to now.

Not one single leak from either house.

The key is to seal it with silicone or tar, which you can purchase a tube at the hardware store.

• Like 1

Thank you sir just wondering if anyone was doing this :) already bought the lag bolts and tar like roof patch tube so now onto the building and waiting on my controller

I also use lag bolts, but they are set through super struts and a lot of my decorations are mounted on steel struts then attached to the super struts. I've have had no leaks and no damage due to

wind. A great way to go!