Light-O-Rama Forums

switching computers

diesel3406

Forgive me for this question but I need a little help. I am a new user of LOR and I installed the software and did all of my sequencing on my "good" laptop without even thinking about it. my question is can I install the LOR software I already have and move my already completed sequences to a different computer?   If so what do I have to do to do so. 

Thanks

I believe you can get a couple installations from lor with one key. I just go to lor web page and goto software and download to new computer it will ask you for the key at some point .

I'm new to this also but if I can give you one piece of advice backup your seq often. Meaning. As soon as you make changes I lost all my xmas seq Sunday that I have been modifying for the past 2 months because I said I'll back up later. Laptop failed Sunday night and I wanted to start show Monday . Now I have lights all up but no seq to play.

Once you have the software installed on the new computer, (AND Working) simply copy the contents of the folders that LOR uses  The Default folders are > ("drive letter"/program files/light-o-rama) and ("drive letter"/documents and settings/"user name"/my documents/light-o-rama) make sure you also get any sub folders of these AND if your Mp3's are elsewhere on the original hard drive, you will have to grab those folders (or at least make a folder with the same name and location with the Mp3's you used in the sequences).

Personally I copy my Mp3's and use the audio folder of "my docs/Light-o-Rama" folder, that way they get copied no matter what.

Greg