Light-O-Rama Forums

Turning Projector on and off via a .bat file

Robert Burton

Curious,

Just got a new laptop and have got the files working turning the projector on and off. What command would I put into the windows command file to make this run? (from LOR windows command)

How about just use a channel on a controller to turn on the projector (likely through a relay).

Can't. Not without rewiring the projector which you really don't need to do. It has a soft start button. Has a serial port for this purpose. Just need to know the proper command line. In other words like I went in and "clicked" on the .bat file.

Tim I have the .bat file to run it. I see it come up, but not turning it on. I will keep plugging away at it. I honestly think the thing is going through it's thing to fast for it to read. When you click on the .bat file...it works but also goes through the command slower.

Tim I have the .bat file to run it. I see it come up, but not turning it on. I will keep plugging away at it. I honestly think the thing is going through it's thing to fast for it to read. When you click on the .bat file...it works but also goes through the command slower.

Hmmm, so it works if you run the .bat from the command line, but not if it's set up as a "Windows Command" in an LOR sequence?

Just a thought - how long is your LOR sequence that you have the command embedded into? 

I use .bat files with LOR to fire of some X10 command sequences, and haven't noticed a difference between firing them off directly or via LOR.  I use 60 seconds for my sequence just to make sure the command has plenty of time to run.  And this is at the start of the evening anyway so it isn't time-critical.

Got it working. Just had to put the path in. I had a loose wire on the db15.

However, I see the "On" .bat coming up almost every song. No problem, but just annoying. It was just a short sequence with nothing in it with the command line.

I use .BAT files for my EDM transmitter to change RDS data feeds. The LOR "windows" command line seems to work just fine for that although you have to be careful about the location of the file not being buried more than one directory deep(for unknown reasons) and the next sequence to play, you issue a new command, In my case, new song title but in your case, turning that projector back off.

Got it working. Just had to put the path in. I had a loose wire on the db15.

However, I see the "On" .bat coming up almost every song. No problem, but just annoying. It was just a short sequence with nothing in it with the command line.

Are you putting it (only) in the startup tab? Should only run once if so.

I run a projector as well using the windows task scheduler. Just tell it to run the bat file at a particular time each day and you should have another bat file to turn it off. I do not use a bat file - just windows powershell. Now if I can only get it to stop running the window in small screen........

Hope this helps

Cheers

Craig

Are you putting it (only) in the startup tab? Should only run once if so.

When it was doing this, I actually did not. I literally just ran the program for the projector to cut on (since it was raining and I didn't want to go unlock the projector box to turn it on) and it kept coming up. I am now though successfully running in the startup and shutdown tab my both files. Worked great last night.

• Like 1

I run a projector as well using the windows task scheduler. Just tell it to run the bat file at a particular time each day and you should have another bat file to turn it off. I do not use a bat file - just windows powershell. Now if I can only get it to stop running the window in small screen........

Hope this helps

Cheers

Craig

Craig I have seen this posted several times. So far, under Vista and Win7 & 8 I have not ran into this issue.  I see the little blank window come up each time, but then the .avi file comes up in full screen.  Make sure under the preferences tab, make sure you go fix video preferences. Click on the "Show video full screen" (or something like that), go click on that section or monitor that you want to show full screen (mine is set on extended desk top) and then go back to the main screen to click on "Ok".  Yeah, it shows your extended desktop in between (a blank one) each song. I just picked a Christmasy desktop .jpg and it shows in between each song.

Craig I have seen this posted several times. So far, under Vista and Win7 & 8 I have not ran into this issue.  I see the little blank window come up each time, but then the .avi file comes up in full screen.  Make sure under the preferences tab, make sure you go fix video preferences. Click on the "Show video full screen" (or something like that), go click on that section or monitor that you want to show full screen (mine is set on extended desk top) and then go back to the main screen to click on "Ok".  Yeah, it shows your extended desktop in between (a blank one) each song. I just picked a Christmasy desktop .jpg and it shows in between each song.

Hi Robert.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but....

I have used the same wmv video file for 3 seasons as everybody seems to like it. It runs for just on 10 minutes and then there is a new video that I run straight after it. I have never had any problems with past years - just this years show. It is the same computer and projector running the show for the past years (sits in the cupboard) so the only thing I have changed is this years 2nd video. I am looking at if I have changed a setting or something when I rendered the 2nd video (sony vegas)or if I have inadvertently updated video codecs when I start the computer again and switch it onto my network (which has access to the internet). I have always had the video preferences done correctly. I am about to redo the video's as avi to see if this makes any difference and I will report back in a new thread.

Cheers

Craig