Light-O-Rama Forums

Hello to all!

scrobbyd

I've been wanting to do this for a while! But I just need some assistance on where and how to get started. I would like to leave a picture of my house for you all to view and give me some ideas of what I need. I have no problem adding more lights to make an even better show. Please help me out if you can thank you...

Download the software and start playing.

Jan have a good idea what you want your display to look like in 2014

Feb - Sept Build, sequence look for sales on lights and extension cables

Spring(ish) buy controlers from LOR

Summer(ish) buy what you missed in the spring sale.

Oct start to sneak out lights (on the house and say they are for Halloween)

Dec 1st turn on lights and go WOW!

• Like 1

Your lights look fine, I would first start by putting your picture on paper or in a picture program ( even MS PAint works fine ) and single out what lights you want to control individually and what lights you want in groups. ( Say both sides of the driveway lights could be a group together, and your eave lights could be individual. Play with it, however you like, then once you have this part down count how many individual channels you would need.  So to start, 5 channels for the eave icicle lights, 1 or 2 channels for the entrance poles, 1 or 2 hannels for the driveway lights, 1-5 channels for the net lights on your bushes, a channel each for the lawn decorations and trees, etc...  Figure out first how many channels you would want to make the display behave the way you want. Once you have figured this out, open up the Visualizer, add your photo and begin placing lights by channel, then repeat in the Sequencer Animator. Then when you have everything laid out the way you want, try some short small sequences, like a THX Intro, or other short 30 second or so aduio file. After you feel compfortable then go for larger sequences. For newbies to the programming I like to reccomend either the 12 days of Christmas or 12 pains of christmas, since this song repeats itself so much you can do a lot of copy and pasting and get a whole song done rather quickly.

Place looks great! When I first was looking to animate my house I watched tons of youtube videos to figure out what I liked. My favorite was Crooks Christmas in ND before the moved to the mall.