Light-O-Rama Forums

copying standard lor channels into rgb channels

BobinFL

I have a 12 channel 3 color mega tree and I would like to transfer by color to 36 rgb channels.  Is there a way to  group like color rgb channels so I can transfer like color lor channels together?

Bob

Expand the RGB group (left side of editor) so you see the individual RGB channels instead of just the mixed RGB group. It is in there where you can paste directly to an RGB color.

Cheers!

Steve

Oops. I missed the part about grouping like RGB channels together. I believe the answer is to create 3 new tracks, each containing the R, G, B channels. Paste that way. Not in front of my LOR computer at the moment or I'd send a screen shot.

Ok found it.

Expand the RGB Channel by clicking on the Red, Green, Blue rectangles just to the left of the channel name

Right Click on the RED channel for example

COPY TO : New Track - Name it REDS

I deslect the Move Display to show new Track

On your second Red track, Copy to existing track = REDS

Do the same for all your Reds Greens, Blues

From there paste into the new tracks from your existing normal channels.

Have fun!

Steve

Is there a way to change and normal channel into a rgb and add color. I have a seq for aches I want to change to ccr . I'm thinking that I can add ccr channels and copy the on off seq and paste right to rgb then set color?

I had all mods to my seq via ss but didn't back them up ( even though I knew better and have a total of 4 places to back them up to) and programing computer failed the night before the show. So here I am 4 days later trying to make the show go on

Thanks

Adding CCRs to the end of your first track is easier than changing them in the middle.   Use a RGB break out track to convert existing normal channel into RGB. Will take multiple pastes but can be done.

Bob I used you software to convert standard arch to a ccr it worked good but I only have half the ccr arch is lighting up. Is that have to do with the 16 intensity I'm changing 8 circuit arch to a ccr(original wow arch just like in video but its going to 1full ccr strip 50pixels)

Thanks for any help

Yes  use logical resolution of 16 and paste in the regular channels twice.   16 in LR means you will specify a color in 16 pixels to light up the entire 50 pixel ribbon. 

Ok i tried to copy twice into converter but seem list this is going to cause timing to be off

Im looking to convert one 8 seg leaping arch into one full arch using one full ccr im new and tring to attach a screen shot but having issues with that too

Maybe someone telling me somthing

Thanks again

The logical resolution options are these  1, 2, 5, 10, 16, 17, 25 & 50  no others will work.      You lucked out that 16 is a multiple of your old arch 8 segments.     Pasting twice consecuctive will give you two moving segments like a double arch.  I take it you dont like that.   so you will need to paste each of channels 1-8 twice..   regular 1 into RGB pixel 1&2,  r2 into p3&4, r3 into p5&6 ..

I played the arches in a seq tonite and it looked good. I just thought it looked funny in seq editor

Thanks for all the help

Dan