Light-O-Rama Forums

Spt 1 Sale

John (oldandslow)

Home depot has Spt 1 wire in 5 colors 250 feet roll for  $32.70 with free shipping to your store or free shipping to home with $45.00 order.

When I checked the web site I could only find reference to two (2) colors: black and white

What are the remaining three colors and can you provide links

Thanks

I just paid $31.87 from Sky Craft.. but shipping was $8 a roll. 

I could drive over there (25 miles) and pick up the wire but the tolls and gas would be more than what you paid in shipping.  Plus add sales tax

I could drive over there (25 miles) and pick up the wire but the tolls and gas would be more than what you paid in shipping.  Plus add sales tax

Thats kinda what I figured too.. so I ordered a couple of rolls for shelf stock.

Hello Everyone,

First year of LOR using a single 16 channel controller. I picked up a roll of SPT-2 at HD, but i was leery about using 18/2 so i opted for 16/2.... Have any of you experienced any issues with using 18/2 on a 50+ foot run? the amp draw over that length cant be good for the lights or the load.... any thoughts? 

Hello Everyone,

First year of LOR using a single 16 channel controller. I picked up a roll of SPT-2 at HD, but i was leery about using 18/2 so i opted for 16/2.... Have any of you experienced any issues with using 18/2 on a 50+ foot run? the amp draw over that length cant be good for the lights or the load.... any thoughts? 

First off, if you are using LEDs the load is not substantial and the small amount of voltage drop would actually be unnoticeable since after about 80% they don't really get much brighter. 

I use 18 gauge all over the place..

• The topic was locked