Light-O-Rama Forums

remove titles

oldbikers

how can you remove titles from the simple show list? I have several versons of the same song and the show builder list the wrong one ( they all have the same name)

If you are referring to the Show Editor...load your show editor ,, click OPEN and all your shows that you have saved should be listed, click the show you wish to adjust.  Then under the musical tab, highlight the title you wish to remove, click the   minus button, it will ask you if you wish to remove this title from the show...

If you're referince the SSB to build your shows, then you have the WRONG file in the main Sequences Directory.  The SSB ONLY reads files in the main LOR Sequences directory.  If you have named the sequence the same in several locations {something I would never do, each version would get a different name, example: Wizards in Winter.lms, next version may be "Wizards in Winter-v2.lms", this way I don't inadvertantly overwrite the latest changes, nor would I also inadvertantly load the WRONG file, as you seem to be doing.

I really recommend using different names for different versions/updates, then delete the original version from the Sequences directory, and if using a PC, you just copy the updated frequency back to the main sequence directory, BUT, Now you would name the updated .lms file the SAME EXACT name as the file you just deleted earlier.   This will put the NEW .lms file in place and the Show will now play the NEW Updated Version of the sequence.

I've been doing this for the last few days with my show, as I had some really horrid and lousy original sequences that I needed to replace, so once I had the updated sequence done, I deleted the original sequence in the main LOR Sequences folder, copied the new updated sequence to where the original was, renamed to original sequence name, now when my show runs the UPDATED/CHANGED sequence runs.  

No messing with my set show times or files, not unless I add in a BRAND NEW sequence, then I have to redo a few things, but just to change a sequence for one to another, is really quite simple and very easily done.

What a goof, frequency in the above should have been "SEQUENCE". 

This is the sentence that should have read this:

I really recommend using different names for different versions/updates, then delete the original version from the Sequences directory, and if using a PC, you just copy the updated sequence back to the main sequence directory,

Not this:

I really recommend using different names for different versions/updates, then delete the original version from the Sequences directory, and if using a PC, you just copy the updated frequency back to the main sequence directory,

Thanks guys I think I can handle it now, I down loaded some files from 2 other computers and that is how I ended up with this mess.

Thanks guys I think I can handle it now, I down loaded some files from 2 other computers and that is how I ended up with this mess.

That's very easy to do, I know, we've all been there at some time when we started in this.LOL

And sometimes the simplest, and most obvious thing, well, it just escapes us even though it's staring us right in the face.