Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting sequence to different channel count

Jamie Ordoyne

Newbie Here!

My mega tree is configured for 3 colors.  I have 3 controllers for a total of 48 channels controling 96 strings.  I have a 4th controller but it is used for the mega tree star, strobes, and a few other things.  The 16 channel x 3 controller sequences I made look very nice.   Someone graciously donated to me some 12 channel x 3 controller sequences that I would like to "convert" to 16 channels x 3 controllers.  They just don't look right on my mega tree since it is configured for 16 channels.  The spin doesn't go all the way around.  Is there an easy way to do this conversion of the sequencing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JPO

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JPO!  Any luck with the conversion and do you have any finished sequence for the tree that you would be willing to share.  You and I are in the same boat.  None of my mega tree sequences look quite right.

Have you tried adding the extra channels to the 12x3 config to make it 16x3, mirror what the 12x3 is doing to the 16x3 and then copy and paste to your current config/sequence? Changing or extending chases to adapt to the 16x3 are super easy so it shouldn't be as hard as earlier days (V1).

Yes there will be some work involved but I would think worth it and better than creating a sequence from scratch. 

Edit: of course now I see the OP was 10 days ago and nothing posted since so you probably figured it out by now.