Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Year!

mjdamico23

Fist time with LOR and I must say I am mostly pleased with my display but have been disappointed with the turnout the first couple days, (of course my wife is like, it's I only the first day) then last night, it was 3-4 cars at a time most of the night. One of my problems is I expect results like now, lol. I have been off this for a while and seeing everyone's displays, well, they look awesome. I'm waiting on a video camera so I can post some of mine for critique.

I actually took a song out that was a RTG sequence from LOR because it was just way too much craziness. It seemed ok, but after watching in its entirety a few times, yeah, had to go.

I cant say that I particularly like any of the RTG sequences I've seen.  They are mostly too chaotic.

But then again, I'm pretty fussy about sequencing.

3-4 cars at a time, your first year, this early in the season!!!! Hello?!?!? That is awesome! Don't wish for more than that right away, or traffic will be an absolute zoo in a couple of weeks, and completely nuts by Christmas.

lol loriP. I meant I was complaining about the first 2 days. I could be content with 3-4 at a time as long as it doesn't stop all night. Lol

yea, mostly if your neighbors arent up to it......did you let them know ahead of time that you were doing this?.....good luck...enjoy...I know I do mine....

yea, mostly if your neighbors arent up to it......did you let them know ahead of time that you were doing this?.....good luck...enjoy...I know I do mine....

My neighbors aren't really close to cause an issue as far as traffic. Good luck to you too!

My display has been running since the start of December and word-of-mouth is spreading.

Unfortunately, I am operating my singing snowman at the top/bottom of each hour with a 10 minute show.

I have a sign posted, and I get a lot of people stopping by on off-times. When he is running... not so much.

I may just have him run constant all hour if I notice more people coming by on the off-times.

Good luck to you!

I run my constantly. Show's back to back. See if your area has a local lights contest. That's what got us started. Be careful with the media, it can cause an explosion in traffic. We were just on 2 local news stations and our local paper + the local lights contest. Traffic is insane to say the least! After we aired on the news, they descended on us like a pact of locusts! So for exposure...media good. For traffic...media bad!

• The topic was locked