Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie here trying to Transfer files between pc's

Traed128

I have the sequences and show running from my laptop. I have an old PC that I loaded all of the software to . I copied the sequences and the show to a thumb drive from the laptop and copied on the PC. I tested the sequences and hardware on the PC then setup the schedule. When it started nothing. I checked the logs and said media file error. I rechecked all sequences and saved in a different file created another show and I still get the same media error message. The laptop is currently running theshow but would like to use the PC instead. I will be greatful for any help or advice.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

You will need to either keep the directories the same on both computers, or re-associate the media files each time. More information here.

Run the LOR Verifier on the old PC and see what error messages it shows. (Look in your LOR Control Panel for the Verifier.)

Don you inadvertently solved an issue I was having with a new Laptop running Windows 8

I bought a new laptop yesterday to replace the one that died on opening night. Installed LOR, transferred all of my audio and sequences using the default LOR folders.Set up a show and ran into a series of issues. Some sequences played fine while others gave an error. Re-associated ALL of my media files and ran a test show. Everything seems to be working fine now.  I think its worth noting that going from Windows 7 to 8 you may have to do this. 

Don,

Thanks for your help. I was able

To reassociate my sequences with the audio. I had to redo the show and schedule but it's working. Thank you again for your assistance. This is my first year with the LOR controllers. I have followed much of the advice on this board that helped make my first year a success.

Eddie

Don,

Thanks for your help. I was able

To reassociate my sequences with the audio. I had to redo the show and schedule but it's working. Thank you again for your assistance. This is my first year with the LOR controllers. I have followed much of the advice on this board that helped make my first year a success.

Eddie

How did your show turn out Eddie?