Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card Show

NLA08444

How do I make my SD Card Show work.  The gentleman on the phone said I could just plug it into my computer.. which I did and it plays music, but not with the lights????

Do the file extensions on the SD card end in .SEQ and an associated MP3 file?  For example when you look at the SD card, do you see files like "File001.SEQ" and "File001.MP3"?   If you don't have .SEQ files, then there is no show files on the SD card and you will have to create your shows with the .lms sequence files.  In the HWU, go to MP3 tab, enter the .lms {Sequence} files you want to use in your show, then write them to the SD Card.  If this has not been done, you don't have any shows on your card that would control your lights.

The SD card is not exactly what you call "plug and play", it requires a little more work to get the show and associated music files on the SD Card via the HWU or the SSB software. 

In case you not familiar: HWU = LOR Hardware Utililty, SSB = LOR Simple Show Builder.

None of what we do in this hobby is ever plug and play, at least not to my knowledge.

For one thing, each display is different, has different elements, lighting types, props, etc. 

So there is no way to have an SD card that could just be plugged in and your show run, it may run some things if the controller and channel assignments match up to any of your controllers, but plug and play, it is not.

You will always need to change the controllers and channel layout within the .lms sequence files to match your display lights, props and other elements, otherwise your display, if, again, any of the elements happen to match up to channels and controllers you're using, may control lights on those controllers and channels.  But it won't look for good.

I've never known anyone to sell "plug and play" shows for the LOR controllers, they sell the .lms files, and sometimes that does include the associated music file {MP3}, but it's up to the end user to "modify" those sequences to THEIR display elements. 

That is so the sequence is tailored EXACTLY to YOUR{their} display aspects.  And this all needs to be done BEFORE the sequences could be used as any type of show that runs all the lights and props in YOUR display.