Ugh! Made a bad mistake this year

scubado

Earlier this year I decided to eliminate my house floods and make landscape lights.  The new lights look great for landscaping, but don't have the effect I want for the show.  Now I gotta try to live with the mistake.  Also came up with an idea I wished I thought of two months ago, I guess there's always next year.  :(  Hopefully I'll start running the show this Sunday.  Gotta finish a couple things tomorrow and do some more tests tomorrow night.

I've got one minitree that flaked out on me. Then last night, during a new song, I saw several seconds of no lights on at all while it was playing. No clue how I missed that but will fix this morning.

I have one smart string that on occassion was doing its own thing last night on my Mega Tree, going to try a new connector tonite.  Some of my China product has been less than quality...started with 48 strings of 55 nodes each, by the time I was ready to flip the switch, was down to 42 strings, would have been 40 but I bought a couple of spares...but the show has been great, amazing what a little 18 Ft RGB tree can do for the overall  presentation.

Earlier this year I decided to eliminate my house floods and make landscape lights.  The new lights look great for landscaping, but don't have the effect I want for the show.  Now I gotta try to live with the mistake.  Also came up with an idea I wished I thought of two months ago, I guess there's always next year.  :(  Hopefully I'll start running the show this Sunday.  Gotta finish a couple things tomorrow and do some more tests tomorrow night.

Hey Jim,

Take those floods and point them towards the street/audience. If too bright, make a filter to put over it.

My floods pointing towards the street/audience are doin great for the look I was lookin for.