Light-O-Rama Forums

this is awesome

dsz071

This is the first year for my show. I've spent hours upon hours sequencing, setting up the visualizer, asking for advice and help on these boards. The show finally went live tonight and I can't explain how freaking cool it feels to make cars stop and watch something that I created.I've only got 32 channels and just over 6000 lights up. No mega trees, no arches, just basic stuff but damn if it isn't about the coolest thing ever! The wife is already on board for "more controllers, more lights" for next year. She already has two songs picked or for me to do next year! Plus she wants a Halloween show. Thanks to everyone who has helped me either by answering my posts or by posting on others that I've read.

• Like 1

That's how I felt last year as it was my first year. Family here thought the yard looked like crap till they saw it light up. They were a whole lot more impressed. This year, the yard is more balanced with two megatrees and so on. Last night, I went live and saw lots of cars stopping to watch. Last year, I had just one radio freq sign and noticed people coming from the opposite direction couldn't see it. This year, two signs. Anyway, lots of nice comments about the show this year and people are smiling.

I did a test run last night too. It is pretty awesome to see the long hours in prep come to life. I wonder if it's possible to be content with how many controllers and lights you have... I'm thinking not...

BTW where do I find a FM transmitter? The lor store says there discontinued by the manufacture?

Here's a link to the one I picked up from amazon.com. It broadcasts for about a block in any direction. Perfect for what I need plus you can't beat the price compared to some of the others I've seen.

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic%C2%AE-AX-05B-Broadcast-Transmitter-Antenna/dp/B0096KYDF8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385737080&sr=8-1&keywords=cze-05b

Kicked off my first season last night myself and I have to agree, WAY COOL... Wife and I stopped by another local show this evening, he runs over 130,000 lights in his show and the 1st thing out of her mouth was " We need MORE lights ". I LOVE HER....