Light-O-Rama Forums

It's show time

FarrOut

The show started exactly on schedule at 6.  The transmitter works exactly right and all the lights lit.

This must be what it feels like on the first night of a Broadway show.

Now for next year.

Glad it went off without a hitch. And yes, it is something like opening night for a show. I'm not an actor, but rather a pyro-technician, and the feeling is similar when the crowd goes wild.

27 hours to go for me (1900 local time Friday). I've got about an hour gluing some RGB strip on to the last brick tree ring, and a little sequencing. Tonight I bake a couple hundred chocolate chip cookies for the lights up event tomorrow evening.

I just finished final testing tonight. Had the lights running for about a half hour.  The locals could sniff it out.  I had cars parked three deep just for this.  The rest of the display was not lit.   Ended up with a list of about 11 things to fix tomorrow before official lightup.

First run through was ok. But the new pixels refused to operate. You don't suppose the twelve hours of torrential rain and forty knot winds on Wednesday had anything to do with it? So I'll be out tomorrow pulling connectors and such. But where's the challenge if everything worked right off? :rolleyes:

I've gotta admit tonight was my most ragged opening night ever.  Somehow I managed to royally masticate half a dozen sequences by copying in the latest config file.  Talk about visual gibberish... It was spot on the beat but hardly watchable.  Other than that, and the neighbor's yard isn't finished, all went okay.  The turkey was good. 

I've gotta admit tonight was my most ragged opening night ever.  Somehow I managed to royally masticate half a dozen sequences by copying in the latest config file.  Talk about visual gibberish... It was spot on the beat but hardly watchable.  Other than that, and the neighbor's yard isn't finished, all went okay.  The turkey was good. 

Ya gotta love them Clark Griswald moments when things go horribly wrong.

We did several tests as we added elements. Tonight our first ever show started right on time, even had a couple cars stop to watch. Not to bad for no advertising and the first year doing this.

• The topic was locked