Light-O-Rama Forums

Already thinking about Christmas 2014

iflights

People always ask "when did you start working on your lights"?  I reply, I never stopped after last season's show.  

Not stopping again...just found some great music for a 2014 show.  Too late to fit it in this year.

Christmas Epic by Sole Signal

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Epic/dp/B003CWATEK

Yeah, here too...thinking about getting into RGB next season which gives me a year to plan, aquire, fabricate and test....then lots and lots of sequencing. I want to do a CCR tree but that's very costly.

I have 3 songs done for next years setup already. I usually program during December for next year. Then I take a break until July and get started again.

I have 3 songs done for next years setup already. I usually program during December for next year. Then I take a break until July and get started again.

Overachiever, lol.

I sat yesterday and made a plan of where I want my display to be 5 years down the line and pretty much have figured out what needs to take priority. Some research to do first in order to see whats feasible for 2014. Looks like overtime is in my future. Want to add 2 more controllers and a projector. Shooting stars, strobes and some signing trees are on my wish list.

5 year goal is to have a different themed show each night of the week. Childrens favorites, Christmas Movie Soundtracks, TSO etc. I've been listening to alot of Christmas music and I am LOVING Straight No Chaser, so they are definitely going into my show next year.

When you all plan for the next year do you use the same set up, same songs, etc, change everything, or do you just add new stuff and leave the basic lay out the same. This is my first year and my wife said what are you doing next year? I didn't think too much about it other then just adding but she sounded like the whole set up and songs should change. I started last January planning, building, and buying and this is a lot of work, but I love it.

This was my second year. I used the same songs, plus a few new ones this year, but I did have to go back and modify all the songs to accomodate the changes for this year's display. Example is that I added two more arches so I had to resequence all of the arch areas.

When you all plan for the next year do you use the same set up, same songs, etc, change everything, or do you just add new stuff and leave the basic lay out the same. This is my first year and my wife said what are you doing next year? I didn't think too much about it other then just adding but she sounded like the whole set up and songs should change. I started last January planning, building, and buying and this is a lot of work, but I love it.

Now that I'm almost all RGB and planning to have -0- AC controllers next year, I am going to use the same props next year with a few new ones that I have planned, (a matrix with almost 700 pixels in in the pre-planning stages) I will use mostly the same music and sequences but edit them for the new elements. Also need to add some more songs. (I've already had a request for a song I had last year and I didn't have time to get it in this year.)Here's the kicker though, I will re-arrange the entire display and switch everything around. this way, It will stay fresh and seem new. Just my 2 cents worth.