Light-O-Rama Forums

Display is too intense

plasmadrive

Ran my show tonight in its entirety... Thought I was all done...

But.....with the addition of the Plasma Icicles it is just too intense.  Need to stop some of the beat hits and add more solid or slow moving colors to give the brain some anchor points... 

Back to the programming computer..

LOL... If you don't like them take them down. BTW I would buy them.. LOL I liked your video's of them..

Jeff

LOL... If you don't like them take them down. BTW I would buy them.. LOL I liked your video's of them..

Jeff

LOL... Gee Thanks!  :rolleyes:

It is actually not the Plasma Icicles that have the issue.. I also added four more fire sticks.. so with those pulsing in your field of vision much closer then the Icicles.. there is just too much flashing going on...   Need to dim those down, stop some of the beat hits.. and perhaps anchor the view's vision with something on solid or slowly changing..

Don't get me wrong.. It looks amazing.. but to the average person it will just look confusing.. :wacko:

LOL... Gee Thanks!  :rolleyes:

It is actually not the Plasma Icicles that have the issue.. I also added four more fire sticks.. so with those pulsing in your field of vision much closer then the Icicles.. there is just too much flashing going on...   Need to dim those down, stop some of the beat hits.. and perhaps anchor the view's vision with something on solid or slowly changing..

Don't get me wrong.. It looks amazing.. but to the average person it will just look confusing.. :wacko:

I get confused just looking at my display,  what the hell was I thinking?!

I actually have a similar problem that I am having to adjust in my sequences. The visualizer gets me 90% of the way there but until I can see it outside its hard to tell. I almost had a seizure watching Carol of the Bells.......

Got it fixed though......good luck on your changes.

I think we all tweek our sequences to adjust as needed. The visualizer does a very good job, but its not what's outside to the human eye. My sequences to lights, I set a "tone" as such for the particular song. Easier lights, easier intensities, fades on's and off's...not every string is on during many songs. Even in the Griswold's intro...I don't turn everything on...most everything, but not all. Soft songs such as Over the Rainbow...just a few are on with the CCR doing the special effects and its even toned to the song. I've seen a few videos where people just have lights crashing on and off all over the place with no rhime or reason behind them and I didn't want that. Some songs need lots of lights though such as the ever popular Wizards of Winter.

I think we all tweek our sequences to adjust as needed. The visualizer does a very good job, but its not what's outside to the human eye. My sequences to lights, I set a "tone" as such for the particular song. Easier lights, easier intensities, fades on's and off's...not every string is on during many songs. Even in the Griswold's intro...I don't turn everything on...most everything, but not all. Soft songs such as Over the Rainbow...just a few are on with the CCR doing the special effects and its even toned to the song. I've seen a few videos where people just have lights crashing on and off all over the place with no rhime or reason behind them and I didn't want that. Some songs need lots of lights though such as the ever popular Wizards of Winter.

Hey thats my house!!!!!

• Like 1

my wife and i go around the city checking out lights....are you on california lights....would like to come by and take a look....

Yes we are.. I sent you a PM with my street..  Come on by and check it out.. love to have ya take a look

Craig