Combining channels

Kevin W

I am new to this and had a change of plans. I made a few sequences using 16 channels but found I am only going to use 12. Can I combine 4 channels with some existing channels and still have it work? I do not want to delete the existing channels and I do not want to lose the last 4 channels but I would be OK with added activity on some channels. Will a cut and paste do what I need or is there another way. Thanks. Kevin w.

You don't have to use all the channels, I currently have 48 channel set up {actually have 5 controllers, but downsized my display}, currently I am using 16 channels on controller #01, 16 channels on Controller #03 and only 1 channel on Controller #05, I have my Sequences set up in tracks and keep all unused channels in a track called OPEN/UNUSED Channels, these are all blank until I see a need to add something and use them.

These blank channels can stay {recommended!} in your sequence and will do nothing until you put something in those cells to control that channel.

So having 4 left over channels with nothing in them won't have any detrimental or any effect on your display at all.

I'll probably be populating more on Controller #05 as I continue to put stuff up and find what I'm looking for to add to my display, then I'll move those channels out of the "OPEN/UNUSED Channels" track to the corresponding track they belong too, like "House Lights - Exterior", "House Lights - Interior", "Garden Decorations and Lights", or "Shed Lights {Exterior}".

But you can also do as others if you want to use all your channels and copy paste another track in those channels to control lights/props in the same exact manner as the copied channel.    Or leave them blank and use them for "spare channels" in case you have a channel/{s} fail on the controller.