Light-O-Rama Forums

Mice

Dave Pursel

You know what's a real bummer.  Earlier last week I pulled out the wiring harnesses for the 16 RGBW mini trees only to discover that the mice had chewed about 8 wires.  To the point where I actually replaced the wires rather than try to splice.  And they were in the trailer where I thought they were pretty safe.  Anyone else have this problem?  I heard they chew the wires trying to get the moisture out because they think their small branches.

Rabbits chew wires in the display too.  You fix the wire, and they will chew it again right next to your patch.  And to make sure they screw with you good, they will chew the wire right at the bulb so you have make a bigger repair if you have spare lights around or sacrifice that string to save others!

I made sure to over bait my storage shed. 5 bait stations in an 8x12 shed. Taking no chances... oh and three traps for good measure too...

I made sure to over bait my storage shed. 5 bait stations in an 8x12 shed. Taking no chances... oh and three traps for good measure too...

The tray of poison in shed was nearly empty and found a crusty, used to be a mouse thing, inside a controller !   No chewed wires. 

%^&* mice.  I battle them in my shed, once in my Gold Wing and constantly in my RV.  At least Hoshi (our cat) keeps them at bay in the house.

• The topic was locked