Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Help - Cut/Paste and Change Color

shiner

Hello,

I am looking to copy and paste from a different channel into a RGB channel.  When I do so, the effects transfer, but come in as RED.  Is it possible to highlight the effect and change the color?  My needs are simple - green and red only.  My hope was to borrow from the non-rgb sequence areas to populate the RGB effects.  Not sure it is going to work like I want it to.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Hello,

I am looking to copy and paste from a different channel into a RGB channel. When I do so, the effects transfer, but come in as RED. Is it possible to highlight the effect and change the color? My needs are simple - green and red only. My hope was to borrow from the non-rgb sequence areas to populate the RGB effects. Not sure it is going to work like I want it to.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Click the rgb channel on the left and it will expand to display the separate red, green, and blue channels that comprise the rgb channel. When you copy any paste, instead of pasting into the black rgb channel, which gives you red, paste into the individual color you want. If it's just red and green, paste there. Hope that was clear.

Thank you!  Excellent guide and videos.  Sadly, it looks like I need to make my RGB track, and start ungrouping them to break out the R+G+B, and then re grouping them by Element+Color.  More of a brute force method required to setup the software, but once complete - it should offer all of the flexibility that I need.  Again, thank you!

vdipaola - saw your note after I posted the response.  This should do the trick as well and would be faster to commission.  Thanks to both of you for assisting.