Light-O-Rama Forums

A Desperate Plea for Sequences!

GDesch

Ok, so a few days ago, the worst thing on the face of the earth happened, I lost my entire brand new Mannheim Steamroller show that I custom designed for this year and was about to post online for anyone. I know the questions to follow "why didn't you have a backup?" well I did.

So the story is my girlfriend broke up with me (not related to LOR) and decided to destroy my things. This included, but was not limited to, my LOR computer and my backup drive.

So now, five days before my "Lights Up", I am left without Mannheim, which was the most requested of last year.

I have (thankfully) copies of "Carol of The Bells", "Good King Wenceslas", "Deck the Halls", and "Silent Nacht (Silent Night)" Due to the fact that people had sent me those .

I am now begging... let me repeat that... BEGGING!!! For ANY Mannheim beyond this!

In specific, I am looking for that I lost...

• "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Christmas 1984)
  •  
  • "Messangers of Christmas" (Christmasville)
  •  
  • "Humbugs" (Christmasville)
  •  
  • "Welcome Christmas" (Christmasville) 
  •  
  • "Welcome Christmas (Reprise)" (Christmasville)
  •  
  • "The Fruitcake Song" (Christmasville)
  •  
  • and EVERYTHING off of the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Song album by Chip Davis.

Once again, the list above is just what I lost, but I am looking for ANY Mannheim. They do not have to be very big due to the fact that I only have a (very powerful looking) 16 Channel display.

Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving,

GDesch

I hope your next girlfriend is a lot more stable.

That's an understatement for anyone that would destroy other peoples property like that out of revenge.   Good thing she wasn't my girlfriend 'cuz I'd have had her arrested and prosecuted!

Now on to the OPS issue, I have some 80 channel sequences you can download here:

http://sdrv.ms/NiGv0E

I know I have Welcome Christmas, but not sure what else I may have there that is Mannheim, but there is also TSO and others in there.

They're free for the taking, help yourself and hope they may help.

There are different sub folders there for 48 channel, 64 channel and 80 channel, spanning from 2010-2013, haven't gotten any of my 2013 Christmas ones done yet, so that sub folder is empty in the 48 channel, which is what I'm using this year, since I downsized my display a bit this year.

Now on to the OPS issue, I have some 80 channel sequences you can download here:

http://sdrv.ms/NiGv0E

I know I have Welcome Christmas, but not sure what else I may have there that is Mannheim, but there is also TSO and others in there.

They're free for the taking, help yourself and hope they may help.

There are different sub folders there for 48 channel, 64 channel and 80 channel, spanning from 2010-2013, haven't gotten any of my 2013 Christmas ones done yet, so that sub folder is empty in the 48 channel, which is what I'm using this year, since I downsized my display a bit this year.

Thank you so much! This helps a lot! Btw, she has enough problems without me calling the cops on her ;)

Thank you so much! This helps a lot! Btw, she has enough problems without me calling the cops on her ;)

Glad to help when and if I can. 

Married myself, but have some family members that are spiteful and vengeful like that, so even if they have enough problems without my calling the police, too bad for them, destroy my stuff just because they're p.o.'ed at me {or someone else and just need to "break" things "in my home"}, well they'll be getting a new, free set of silver bracelets, and a free ride in a patrol car downtown, and maybe even some conversation with a local police officer along the way!  <_<   ;)

So the story is my girlfriend broke up with me (not related to LOR) and decided to destroy my things. This included, but was not limited to, my LOR computer and my backup drive.

GDesch

Dang dude, your girlfriend wasn't my ex-wife was she? :P  J/K

Wished I could help but looks like Orville and others have stepped in.

It's nice to have friends here on the forum. :)

Hope the ex-gilrfriend doesn't come visit your display this year. She might only be beginning (but I hope this is not the case).

Again, I can relate. My ex-wife is the devils daughter. Seriously!!!

Dang dude, your girlfriend wasn't my ex-wife was she? :P  J/K

Wished I could help but looks like Orville and others have stepped in.

It's nice to have friends here on the forum. :)

Hope the ex-gilrfriend doesn't come visit your display this year. She might only be beginning (but I hope this is not the case).

Again, I can relate. My ex-wife is the devils daughter. Seriously!!!

My ex wife is the DEVIL and she destroyed a lot of my stuff and worstly she destroyed my children. :(

My ex wife is the DEVIL and she destroyed a lot of my stuff and worstly she destroyed my children. :(

I hear ya brother, I hear ya.

I hear ya brother, I hear ya.

This stuff right here is what the song "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is really about.

I know this closing the barn door after the horse has escaped, but think about off site backups. Either one of the cloud based services or backing up to an external hard drive and taking it somewhere else. I use a combination of those two.

As for damaging property, I'm with the others on this one - she needs to be held accountable for her actions, either criminal or civil or both. That is unacceptable behavior - period.

Unless she used a sledgehammer on the harddrves, the files are still there.

Not necessarily!   My cats knocked one of my LOR computers {one of 2 laptops I use} off the table when I was outside working on some things, that hard hit to the floor {and carpeted at that!}, well, it destroyed the boot sector of the drive, making it completely inaccessible, even as a secondary drive, if the boot sector gets destroyed, no hope in recovering files, tried it as an external just to see if I could hopefully salvage anything I had recently done, nope, it's gone and no way to get to it.    Took it to a repair shop and they couldn't get to anything either, took it apart and the platters were scratched up from the fall.  So will have to replace the bad drive in that system, which unfortunately WAS the main one I usually used for my LOR stuff.

Fortunately all but about 3 new sequences were backed up elsewhere, so only lost 3 sequences from that system.   If I'd lost it all, I think my cats would all be searching for new homes!   Naw, I would nevert do that to them, but I'd sure think about it and maybe threaten them with it. ROFL

Lesson learned, leave any of the laptops on the floor and in a closet when I go out!   5 cats can just get into too much mischief when noone is watching what they're up too! LOL

So it doesn't take a sledgehammer, just a really, bad, well placed jolt and the HD is gone and not recoverable.

Yeah, if the drives were in-use at the time of the damage, its very possible they were messed up. If the computer was off, the heads should have been "parked" therefore possible damage would be smaller.