Light-O-Rama Forums

Smart (addressable) LED strips

Mr. P

I am starting to plan for next year and I want to incorporate smart (addressable) LED strips next year. I would like to use ws2801 or ws2811 LED strips but what equipment /boards would I need to incorporate/control them in the LOR system.

There are lots of options to do this.  Search this board for information.  This is my first year trying RGB and there is a lot to learn.  I am using a actidongle and a tinypix controller but have a E6804 pixel controller kit on order that I am going to use next year.

There are a number of options.  If you are going E131 route SanDevices or J1Sys are couple of options, Also DIY route Pixel Net from DIYLightAnimation, Striaght DMX  Holiday Coro is a great option.

Best idea is to join the Aussie Lighting board (if you havn't aready)  http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/.  download the 101 turorial and look at Holiday 'c=

Sorry wrong key and the message posted (can't edit).  

Holiday Coro Blog.  (David has some great info on pixels and is a great soruce for pixels and controllers),  also check Seasonal Entertainment board for some good video tutorils as well as a source for controllers.