Light-O-Rama Forums

song

danbeveridge

does anyone know what is happening or what to do when the song I've been working on suddenly says I need permission from file owner or talk to an administrator?  I've never run into this before.  The song is I can't believe it's Christmas by the Veggies.  Don't know if this is easily fixed or not.  I know everyone's busy, so I understand if there aren't many or any responses.  Thanks and Merry Christmas!  Hope everyone's displays turns out great!

That's one reason I don't allow my songs to be linked to the internet, I had bought a song and it din't contain the info within, you know the tags that tell you artist, song name, album and the album art, once I gave permission for the software that plays the song to find that info, after x number of plays, I got that message you're getting now.   

Seems some folks only want their song played x amount of times before it will stop and then you have to either buy the song again, just re-downloading it won't fix it!   

Don't know if there is any workaround for this to correct the music file once you get that message or not.

This is how I handled it when it happened to me: What I did manage to do was restore my computer PRIOR to that happening to the song, or if you burned it to a Data CD/DVD, you can delete the song on your HD, then copy the song back, both these methods worked for me when I ran into that error.  Just make sure your newest sequences are backed up and saved, along with any other info you need before doing the restore, if you go that route.

Thank you so much for the info.  Will try --not a big song to lose but it was a good one!  Thanks again!

I had the same problem.....after a little research I used Audacity. You will have to load the song into Audacity, then export....under export....I don't know why it works...it just did for me.

got it guys! thanks! (i think i did anyhow) happy lighting and Lord willing I will be up and running the day after Thanksgiving.  I have to start earlier!  

I had the same problem.....after a little research I used Audacity. You will have to load the song into Audacity, then export....under export....I don't know why it works...it just did for me.

A music editor will sometimes work, sometimes not.  Had one that my commercial music editor wouldn't fix, so deleted it, then copied it back from the Data CD I had it on, then I did import it into my music editor, edited it a bit and have had no further issues with that problem!

So now I edit every song I rip from a CD or download from most sites I buy my music from {iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon}, I cut the beginning and end silent sections out, then re-export.  Knock on wood I've never encountered that issue since.