Light-O-Rama Forums

I start today

matcobill

This is my first LOR year. I just got all new LED lights, 16 ch controller and a used laptop. If the wind dies down Ill get on my roof and start there. I have a feeling that hanging lights is the easy part. Are there any videos giving help on the visualizer? It seems like the visualizer might be helpful to a newb when sequencing

Most of us are super busy this time of year, sequencing and setting up. 

Yes hanging lights will probably be the easiest part, and yes the "Visualizer" is your friend and it will be for as long as you do this hobby. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNEnbvxbzDc Just one of many tutorials on using the visualizer. Pretty much any part of the LOR Suit will have a tutorial on YouTube. Welcome to the madness and good luck with your display

The visualizer, basically just uses a picture of your own house, that you edit and place strings, props and fixtures onto the picture and connect them to hardware channels in the sequencer. When you run the sequencer, you get a pretty decent "idea" of how its going to look out there on the house. You don't need the lights on the house, to do the sequencing. Most of us, sequence during the year, in the spare time, while all the lights are still in the attic. The visualizer is only a reference to use and works really good. The magic happens when you finally hang the strings and so on and see all your valueable time and work, come to life on the house!

Hey fellow Noob!

I've got 7 sequences for my 16 channels finished.  How are you doing?  Let me know if you'd like to share.