Light-O-Rama Forums

wires .vs. Driveway

Frybread

I am sure we have some people out there with some great ideas on keeping wires safe.

I moved my display to a whole new location this year and it is causing me to cross the driveway in several places.  There is a main spot coming off the road and a circle drive in front of the house. Then a Y that goes around back.  I need to cross wires over each of these location.

I had thought about splitting some 3" or 4" PVC pipe and anchor it on both ends.

How are other people handling this?

Thank You

I think I would use 2x4's spaced about 3 or 4 inches apart and run the wires in that space. You may want to use a couple of 1x's nailed or screwed to the top side of the 2"x's to keep them in place. Let your 2"x4"s go past the concrete paving with a holed drilled in the ends and run a spike through the holes into the ground to keep them from sliding when driven over. Use as many as needed to get all you wires across your paving. I wouldn't over load the spacing. That's just my thought.

Can you put the wires into an expansion joint, then cover with duct tape?

Should be fairly easy to do unless you have a lot of wires....

Jerry

What I do is I chip out some of the expansion joint fiber (that black stuff) then I duck tape my cord to a piece of re bar and stake it on both ends. 

Under the driveway on conduit or over in on an arch seem like the only good options depending on your location. Anywhere were there is the possibility of snow would defiantly not allow for anything on the driveway

• The topic was locked